• 2 tej patta or bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoons red chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 3 cups cooked basmati rice
  • 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Directions
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr

1. Cook mutton in a pressure cooker with salt and haldi powder until the meat gets soft.
  2. Now heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds and onions. Fry until the onions turn brown.
  3. Add ginger garlic paste. Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
  4. Then add the tej pattas, red chili powder, garam masala powder, haldi powder and lemon juice. Stir and mix well.
  5. Now add the mutton slices as one layer. Then add the cooked rice as another layer and top with more mutton slices. Cook with lid on for 5 minutes. When serving, mix the rice with the mutton well.
Recipe Credit: http://allrecipes.co.in/recipe/12815/mutton-pulav.aspx
download.jpg

I have not had mutton in forever but I am guessing I could use some other meat. I am wondering if you could not add a healthy amount of chilli peppers to this and add this to the Cooking Bites Challenge.

I love biryani, however, I don't eat biryani much because it is too much spicy.I also cook biryani in my home. Usually, I don't add cooked rice in the cooked mutton. Instead I cook rice in the gravy and latter add deep cooked mutton and stir well.

I love biryani, however, I don't eat biryani much because it is too much spicy.I also cook biryani in my home. Usually, I don't add cooked rice in the cooked mutton. Instead I cook rice in the gravy and latter add deep cooked mutton and stir well.

I also have not eaten biryani ever since I turned vegetarian. Now I cook only fried rice or vegetable pulao.

Back
Top Bottom