Recipe & Video My favorite Banana Bread recipe

FowlersFreeTime

Local time
4:31 AM
Website
www.fowlersfreetime.com
My Aunt Robin gave me a copy of her cookbook and told me to feel free to use her recipes as I saw fit. So I used 95% of her recipe and put my own spin on it. In fact, she even encouraged me to make a video on it, so I included that at the end.

Original Recipe Author: Robin Lim Lumsden

Ingredients:
4 oz Butter
1 cup granulated Sugar
1 Egg
3 ripe Bananas
1 cup all-purpose Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Milk
Optional ingredients I added:
2 oz Rum (Jamaican rum preferred)
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mash ripe bananas in a bowl and set aside
3. Cream sugar and room temperature butter together in stand mixer
4. Add one egg to the stand mixer bowl
5. Sift dry ingredients into a separate mixing bowl
6. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to stand mixer
7. Add Rum and Vanilla Extract
8. Fold in Bananas and optional walnuts
9. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan
10. Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out cleanly (took me closer to 65 minutes)

Don't forget to let that banana bread cool thoroughly before you slice in, but I'll understand if you can't wait...
DSC05268_sq.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/XEIHbqUpPc0

I made some last weekend. Can't believe I forgot to take a pic. I use 5 bananas, super ripe, like nearly all black. I freeze the bananas since I collect them over time, then put them in a colander over a pan to drain liquid as they thaw, reduce the liquid and use that in the bread. Pecans go in my bread.

I made some last weekend. Can't believe I forgot to take a pic. I use 5 bananas, super ripe, like nearly all black. I freeze the bananas since I collect them over time, then put them in a colander over a pan to drain liquid as they thaw, reduce the liquid and use that in the bread. Pecans go in my bread.
Sounds great!
There are sooo many different ways to make Banana Bread, its always interesting to compare notes!

Back
Top Bottom