My favourite egg dish

Here (in my area), pickled eggs invariably mean hard-boiled eggs pickled with beets, so the eggs turn that lovely light purple. Mustard eggs are pickled with mustard and are a light yellow.

Have you seen my blue eggs (not pickled)? I also do yellow coloured with turmeric.

@caseydog - we love Waffle House. That's where we got for breakfast Christmas morning, when I can talk my wife into it.

I get either a regular waffle with butter and syrup and a side of bacon or scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns with cheese, tomato, and onion, and toast and coffee.

@morning glory - no, I haven't seen your blue eggs! Do show and tell, please!

@morning glory - no, I haven't seen your blue eggs! Do show and tell, please!

Rainbow Salade Niçoise

I think my favorite are over easy on top of in house made corned beef hash. Hash browns on the side with rye toast.

@MypinchofItaly - baked eggs are just a less fancy name for shirred eggs, or eggs cracked into a ramekin and baked, usually with some other ingredients, like a little ham, maybe some cream, some cheese, that sort of thing.

I'd also include just cracking an egg on top of some kind of hash and baking that as baked eggs - I posted a breakfast pizza a while ago that had eggs nestled on top and baked.

@MypinchofItaly - baked eggs are just a less fancy name for shirred eggs, or eggs cracked into a ramekin and baked, usually with some other ingredients, like a little ham, maybe some cream, some cheese, that sort of thing.

I'd also include just cracking an egg on top of some kind of hash and baking that as baked eggs - I posted a breakfast pizza a while ago that had eggs nestled on top and baked.

Thanks - They sound very interesting

Occasionally when I'm re-frying mashed potatoes or bubble and squeak, I'll crack an egg into a hollow in the mash, cover with a tight fitting lid and effectively "steam" the egg.

Quiche. With a variety of fillings, crab, mushrooms, cheeses, bacon, etc. As long as the eggs aren't jiggly.

Quiche. With a variety of fillings, crab, mushrooms, cheeses, bacon, etc. As long as the eggs aren't jiggly.

I do like a good quiche. Nothing too fancy. Some diced onions and ham works for me. Firm but still moist eggs, in a buttery, flaky crust.

CD

I do like a good quiche. Nothing too fancy. Some diced onions and ham works for me. Firm but still moist eggs, in a buttery, flaky crust.

CD

I like quiche too - and often make them. Some are called tarts - a quiche has an egg based filling - a savoury tart can be any savoury filling. So the final recipe below is a tart not a quiche. You get a trip back to some of my earlier not so good food photography attempts if you look at these.

Wild Mushroom Tart
Butternut Squash, Spinach and Cheddar Quiche
Pea, Spring Onion, Dill and Cheddar Quiche in a Herb Crust
Pissaladiere Quiche
Ham, Olive and Cheese Quiche
Tomato, Goat's Cheese and Brie Tart

Eggs is one of my favorite foods. I come close to eating them daily. I like them cooked all ways. My least favorite is hard scrambled.

If I'm having corned beef hash. I like them sunny side up. I also like the over easy, hard fried, soft scrambled. I love topping burgers and other meals with eggs.

Lets not forget boiled eggs. I brought a couple of them today to go with my lunch :)

Back
Top Bottom