My favourite egg dish

Scrambled eggs with black pepper and smoked salmon is one of my delights.
Served on toasted brown bread thickly buttered until soggy.
Eggs must only be lightly scrambled with a table spoon of milk per egg and the smoked salmon cut into strips and added at the end so it just goes from dark to light pink prior to serving.

Scrambled eggs with black pepper and smoked salmon is one of my delights.
Served on toasted brown bread thickly buttered until soggy.
Eggs must only be lightly scrambled with a table spoon of milk per egg and the smoked salmon cut into strips and added at the end so it just goes from dark to light pink prior to serving.

That sounds perfect! Just how I would do it.

I've had a great smoked salmon plate - interestingly enough at the first retirement home Dad lived in. They would make this for Sunday brunches:

Smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, lemon slivers, finely chopped red onion, dill sprigs, AND finely chopped hard boiled egg. Served buffet style.

I always took all components for my smoked salmon. Really worked well together.

It depends on what part of the country whether deviled eggs are a thing or not. I've NEVER seen a deviled egg tray in Southeastern Florida the entire 40 plus years I've lived here. Actually, I take that back, just remembered. My mother prepared a plate of them for a party she threw once when I was in my mid to late 20s. She had leftovers. They were good, but most of the people there asked what they were and what made them deviled. Now, where I grew up in Kentucky and Mississippi, where my father moved to after his second wife retired (where she grew up), and North/South Carolinas where my father's family is from, a whole different story, deviled eggs at every function. I had actually forgotten how much I like deviled eggs since it had been so long since I'd had them when I visited family.

:woot:
Eggs
Nature's perfect food.
I love them cooked any style except over cooked. I love them for any meal. G will eat them for a meal other than breakfast but has a rather rigid mind set that eggs are for breakfast.

morning glory
I saw the recipe for turning the eggs yellow but missed how you turned them blue.

I will bring a platter of stuffed eggs (or two) to Sister's house for Christmas. We have our large meal early afternoon (one ish) then hang around until late visiting, playing games and eating non stop.

I like to play with the stuffing. Before I retired we had "pot luck" lunches around holidays and sometimes for retirements.. One year I brought stuffed eggs. Keep in mind - I was working for Lowe's in a rural community. Most of the associates were young. Few had much culinary experience out side of the familiar. For one dozen I mashed an anchovy to a paste and added finely minced capers to the yolks along with mayonnaise, course grain mustard and fresh ground pepper, topped with a pinch of smoked paprika and a single caper. The second dozen had finely minced sweet gherkins, fresh basil, mayo, and Dijon topped with a piece of basil, a small sliver of sweet gherkin and sweet paprika. The eggs were devoured. I could not tell them the recipe. Some of the more mature associates recognized and appreciated the strange ingredients.

I just looked at what I wrote and it sounds condescending. It is not intended to be that way. I think we have all had experience with presenting unusual ingredients to diners with inexperienced palates. If you tell them the truth about what they are eating they will turn up their noses or - worse case - barf if they have already eaten.

Back to eggs.

:love:

Back
Top Bottom