My New Favorite Cookware

blades

Local time
3:45 AM
I have owned every kind of cookware available to mankind and have many in my storage closet today. I have stainless steel from All Clad, copper cookware from Mauviel and non stick from Calphalon. With the death of PFOA cookware I began messing with newer technologies in non stick because non stick is the easiest to use. None of them worked very well after the first few uses. A couple of years ago I bought a couple of skillets coated with what they call "granite stone." They worked pretty well. I added a sauce pan that I use every day. And they have lasted relatively well for a couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to replace my beat up omelette pan and bought a new granite stone 8" skillet from a company called Eslite. It is absolutely amazing. It is just as tough as the older granite stone units but is smoother and more non stick. It wasn't expensive at all and is the best omelette pan I have ever owned at any price and I have some expensive ones. So I decided to take the plunge and buy a whole set of the stuff. It will arrive next week. You can click on the link below to check it out. The cost is less than $17 per pan in the set and the finish and quality are amazing. They have thick perfectly flat bottoms and the latest type of granite stone coating. The composite handles fit perfectly and are secured with a bolt. They will not loosen because of the design. The best cookware I have ever used is also the least expensive. Technology at work.

Click to see the Eslite cookware set.

utterly classic experience . . .
I stuck with "real" PTFE pans for a long time. but they don't last forever, either.

as my last PTFE faded . . . bought a "Blue Diamond" - worked splendidly . . . . for about a month.
then minor sticking,
then 'gotta' butter it up.'

I will say, at this point, it requires only a smidge of butter/oil - but it does require an eagle eye washing/cleaning to make absolutely sure there's nothing stuck/adhering anywhere - any bit of 'stuck on' creates a "gonna' stick here real good" effect from anything - fried eggs to spaetzel.
the TV "just wipe it out" is BS. note however, it's not a particular difficult pan to 'ensure it is squeaky clean'

I have owned every kind of cookware available to mankind and have many in my storage closet today. I have stainless steel from All Clad, copper cookware from Mauviel and non stick from Calphalon. With the death of PFOA cookware I began messing with newer technologies in non stick because non stick is the easiest to use. None of them worked very well after the first few uses. A couple of years ago I bought a couple of skillets coated with what they call "granite stone." They worked pretty well. I added a sauce pan that I use every day. And they have lasted relatively well for a couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to replace my beat up omelette pan and bought a new granite stone 8" skillet from a company called Eslite. It is absolutely amazing. It is just as tough as the older granite stone units but is smoother and more non stick. It wasn't expensive at all and is the best omelette pan I have ever owned at any price and I have some expensive ones. So I decided to take the plunge and buy a whole set of the stuff. It will arrive next week. You can click on the link below to check it out. The cost is less than $17 per pan in the set and the finish and quality are amazing. They have thick perfectly flat bottoms and the latest type of granite stone coating. The composite handles fit perfectly and are secured with a bolt. They will not loosen because of the design. The best cookware I have ever used is also the least expensive. Technology at work.

Click to see the Eslite cookware set.
I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them over time ie their longevity. Just because a lot of surfaces are beautifully non stick to start with but degrade over a period of time.

They sound amazing, keep us updated 👍

Yes, I've had some degradation of the non stick nature of the pans I've had for a couple of years but, as cookie monster said, using a little fat is not an issue and they are very easy to clean up. I expect these to degrade somewhat as well. But I can tell you that they outperform the expensive brand cookware I have. It isn't even close. Maybe I can sell the used All clad and Calphalon stuff on Ebay. I hate to just throw them out.

Yes, I've had some degradation of the non stick nature of the pans I've had for a couple of years but, as cookie monster said, using a little fat is not an issue and they are very easy to clean up. I expect these to degrade somewhat as well. But I can tell you that they outperform the expensive brand cookware I have. It isn't even close. Maybe I can sell the used All clad and Calphalon stuff on Ebay. I hate to just throw them out.
It's definitely throwing pans out that bothers me. Would be lovely to go back in time and carry on oblivious but oblivious and oblivion are too close together 😆

If they're in useable nick and you can't be bothered to ebay them I'm sure a charity shop would welcome them.

Back
Top Bottom