My New Toy has arrived....

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
10:52 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I'm happy now. My new toy has arrived. I have been needing a food processor to go with my Omniblend (similar to a vitamix) and finally made up my mind on a make and model. I needed something small to go into a very small hole in an even smaller kitchen...

So I am now the proud owner of a Magimix Le Mini Plus food processor.

231569197.jpg

And best of all, it fits in the gap! Now to try it out before I go on holiday on Saturday!

That is one fancy food processor. How are the blades? Do you ever have to push things down with a fork? I hate when food gets caught and you have to stop it and rearrange things. I might have to get me a magimix.

I like the compact design of it, and it looks like a great food processor. I'm curious to know how well it performs given it's narrow shape though - are you able to fit stuff like cucumbers and zucchini into it without having to slice them lengthwise in half first?

Also, is it as powerful as some of the other leading brands in this space?

Oh, nice. I've been meaning to get a new food processor as well. Makes things so much easier. That one looks really sleek and made to last. Enjoy your new toy!

Woohoo, enjoy! I've been wanting a food processor to make my own hummus, but it's unfortunately not in our budget right now. That looks like a really high-quality processor. Please let us know how it works out!

Right, I have had a chance to 'play' with it. (I was previously on holiday and then went into hospital and have been a touch busy this week, hence the delay). I chose to make wild garlic pesto in it because the wild garlic is at its best right now in the UK and we love wild garlic pesto in this house (sorry to those in the Americas, but wild garlic is not native to the Americas, just Europe and Asia).

Size wise, it is surprisingly small and compact, which is what I needed for my kitchen with it being very small.
I have photo'ed it along side a 1L bottle of Olive Oil - OK if you are not in the UK and don't know Waitrose that is probably not that helpful, but the bottle stands 32cm tall (a little over 12.5 inches), so as you can see it is tall and thin. I have only tried the larger of the 2 bowls so far... did fall for the wrong blade, nothing happening trick which I guess will take a little getting used to. The blade for the little bowl which is stored inside the processor does not work with the big bowl - not surprising, but may catch me out again in the near future.

IMG_0398.JPG

It has 3 buttons, basically on, off and pulse, but that is more than enough for what I need. It is not an industrial quantity processor, it is a small scale one and that is obvious from the start. The pesto I made up was 200g pine nuts, 200ml olive oil and several handfuls of wild garlic leaves. It won't take anything more than that and that is the large bowl. The smaller bowl I have not yet used, but rests inside the big bowl and the separate blade comes on a long (but removable) "stalk".

IMG_0400.JPG

It is also very quiet, surprisingly so and I rather like it :D

I have a small food processor too, although, mine is getting older and will need to be replaced soon. I will keep this kind in mind. I also love my Montel Williams blender/juicer. I need to use it more than I do. I seem to go on streaks. I use it everyday for two weeks, then I stop for a week!

I sure hope yours last longer then mine did. I used mine maybe 3 times before it broke while I was trying to cut a potato. I was furious!
French fry cutter.

It is now on its way to me!! It should arrive about a week from today! :)

If you're a fan of peanut butter, homemade peanut butter with slightly roasted peanuts is fantastic. :)

I'm personally a fan of half roasted, half not peanut butter. Now if only I had a food processor too..

French fry cutter.

It is now on its way to me!! It should arrive about a week from today! :)

Same thing, we call them chips you call them fries ( I would like to add a 'wink' smillie but my work computer won't let me)

I'm happy now. My new toy has arrived. I have been needing a food processor to go with my Omniblend (similar to a vitamix) and finally made up my mind on a make and model. I needed something small to go into a very small hole in an even smaller kitchen...

So I am now the proud owner of a Magimix Le Mini Plus food processor.

View attachment 157

And best of all, it fits in the gap! Now to try it out before I go on holiday on Saturday!
Great, how much was it!

Back
Top Bottom