Recipe My not-so-skinny omelette

Elawin

Guru
Local time
6:37 AM
I adapted this from a recipe for skinny omelette I found on the Spark People site (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/recipe_details.asp?nutrition_id=10804689), hence the title.

Ingredients

spacer.gif

2 large (preferably organic) eggs
a tiny pinch of fine grain sea salt (optional)
a few tablespoons of chopped parsley and coriander leaves
a couple of tablespoons of dry-fried, sliced mushrooms
a couple of tablespoons of finely chopped raw onion
1 thinly sliced raw tomato
a dollop of pesto (I used wild garlic pesto)
a bit of paneer or goats cheese or feta
a small handful of shredded salad greens

Dry fry the mushrooms and remove from the pan. Use a fork to beat the eggs and salt (if used) in a small bowl. Dry fry the egg mixture in a non-stick omelette pan over medium heat, giving it a good swirl so that it spreads out thinly across the entire pan. Sprinkle the eggs with the parsley and coriander leaves and let it set. Run a spatula underneath the omelette and slide it out of the pan (flat) onto the plate. Spread the pesto across the surface of the omelette (if you have a thick pesto, thin it a bit with water to make it easily spreadable), top with the mushrooms, onions and tomato, and then sprinkle with the cheese and salad greens. Fold the omelette in half and season with a bit more salt if needed. I served it with half a can of baked beans.

Number of Servings: 1

upload_2016-5-11_0-32-21.png

I'm thinking that this must have quite a crunch.:unsure: Raw onions folded in... I'm not understanding that. But I'm intrigued... why make a skinny omelette and then serve it with baked beans which will add calories?

Anyway, you have got me thinking and I'm now on a skinny omelette discovery trail... :D

I'm thinking that this must have quite a crunch.:unsure: Raw onions folded in... I'm not understanding that. But I'm intrigued... why make a skinny omelette and then serve it with baked beans which will add calories?

Anyway, you have got me thinking and I'm now on a skinny omelette discovery trail... :D
The whole idea of the raw onions was to give it a bit of a crunch - it's really a reconstructed "cheese and mushroom omelette with salad" :D As for the baked beans, I was hungry, I like baked beans, and there just happened to be half a can of baked beans in the fridge. I could have had chips and bread and brown sauce and made a sandwich out of it :D:D

Back
Top Bottom