My perfect breakfast is...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:15 AM
Well mine is usually nothing at all but if I do eat breakfast then I love to have kippers or smoked haddock with a poached egg on top. Eggs Benedict is also good and there is always the full English if I'm in the mood.

What about you? What is your perfect breakfast?

I often have kippers or eggs (any kind) with mushroom, tomato and toast. I love smoked haddock with poached egg but rarely have it (I must do something about this). Ah, or eggy bread.

I also love fresh berries with (dairy free) yoghurt of yoghurt with honey and muesli.

Porridge with golden syrup.

Banana pancakes.

As I now live in Staffordshire I have discovered Staffordshire oatcakes. A traditional local breakfast (like an oat pancake traditionally served with bacon and cheese)

I like breakfast.:cook:

Needs black filter coffee and orange or grapefruit juice.:coffee:

Not too big on brekky, when we go away at Xmas for 2 weeks with the family, I cook brekky for everyone. My kids get their wee ones cereals etc, but I cook every day normally bacon n eggs, fried then scrambled, with hash browns and cooked tomatoes, and shrooms if available. But back home with just the 2 of us. Cornflakes with fruit and cream, yoghurt. And sometimes a fried egg or two on fried bread.

Russ

I also rarely eat breakfast during the week, but if I'm doing a special breakfast (eg. at Christmas) or we're staying in a hotel then I'll usually go for Eggs Royale if its available, if not then I'll settle for Eggs Benedict. I do enjoy a full English occasionally too: at the weekends we sometimes have a full English around 9 or 10 o'clock which will keep us going until dinner time.

I can also skip lunch, but never breakfast.

Sometimes on Sundays, I like to go out and have breakfast outside, cappuccino and brioche, but usually at home my breakfast is based on cold or lukewarm milk paired with biscuits or muesli, and often a handful of dried fruits (walnuts or almonds usually) or even fresh fruit (blueberries or strawberries or blackberries, depending on their seasonality). All washed down with rivers of black coffee.

I also like the savory breakfast, I love the English breakfast but not being very used to it, I eat it once in a while (and then in that case I skip lunch gladly).

Recently I discovered chocolate quinoa milk, not bad.

My favorite meal is breakfast. Each day, I make a point of having something on my drive into work. Normally, it's a breakfast burrito, since it's less messy than other things, but sometimes I make a breakfast sandwich.

But, as for the perfect breakfast, I have a hard time picking anything that I liked better than this:

o.jpg

That's at The Block in Detroit: flat iron steak, poached eggs, garlic home fries, avocado, and tortilla chips. Oh boy...it's almost Fathers Day, and I think I know what I want to go out to eat. :hyper:

My favorite meal is breakfast. Each day, I make a point of having something on my drive into work. Normally, it's a breakfast burrito, since it's less messy than other things, but sometimes I make a breakfast sandwich.

But, as for the perfect breakfast, I have a hard time picking anything that I liked better than this:

View attachment 28466

That's at The Block in Detroit: flat iron steak, poached eggs, garlic home fries, avocado, and tortilla chips. Oh boy...it's almost Fathers Day, and I think I know what I want to go out to eat. :hyper:

Wow. I could skip also dinner if I had this for breakfast!

I also rarely eat breakfast during the week, but if I'm doing a special breakfast (eg. at Christmas) or we're staying in a hotel then I'll usually go for Eggs Royale if its available, if not then I'll settle for Eggs Benedict. I do enjoy a full English occasionally too: at the weekends we sometimes have a full English around 9 or 10 o'clock which will keep us going until dinner time.

Eggs Royale, never heard of it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom