My Thanksgiving meal

I forgot to mention the meal for second Thanksgiving (what some call Friendsgiving, but hey, they are both Thankful occasions for me):

I brought another potato au gratin casserole, this time with cabbage and broccoli in with the 4 types of cheese, onion, nutmeg, herbs de Provence, and two types of potato (because I couldn't find enough Yukons to finish the dish).

Others brought:

Appetizers which included dips and such, plus a buffalo sauce dressing for one of the dips, a crustini-cucumber-bell pepper salsa dish. Wings.
Mains: the turkey, gravy (no dressing/stuffing), a salad, mashed potatoes, a variety of veggie creations. Two types of sweet potato dishes, NONE with those dreadful marshmallows. (Although one was still too sweet.) Popovers, which I hadn't eaten since Mom made them back in the 70s and 80s... absolutely awesome!
Desserts: I had a dark-chocolate covered peanut butter ball. But there was the vast variety of pies and such.
Beverages: I brought my cranberry liqueur, but there was a lot of wine, and various seltzers and sodas.

A wonderful dinner! Great company, and we didn't mind the 2.5 hour drive home after.

Back
Top Bottom