My wife's treat at night

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:21 PM
Nope not me, but her fave thing at night for a treat. She buys a pack of scones, usually cheese, they come in a pack of four. She watches her weight far to much for my liking, but every now and then she buys a pack. I thought of this as medtran49 and I were discussing strawberry jam/jelly. So I'm downstairs until 9ish with wife upstairs watching her programmes ie, the amazing race, dating programmes etc. so I get a txt, scone please.
This is how I do it, first I whip up some cream (thick) then I halve the scone, 15 seconds in the microwave, thick butter raspberry or strawberry jam/jelly then a dollop of scone halves. Serve.
What's your late night treat?
Mines another rum thanks.

Russ

What? Nothing "flash" ?

Russ
Only if the dessert happens to be flash. For example, I'm making a chocolate cake sometime in the next couple of days, so we'll have that a couple of nights instead of our usual biscuits/cookies.

I had Cape Cod potato chips and the rest of my cinnamon sugar "churros" from our Taco Bell lunch today. Taco Bell was Craig's idea, not mine. I was out with one of the pugs for a vet appointment and asked if he wanted me to pick up some lunch.

I had Cape Cod potato chips and the rest of my cinnamon sugar "churros" from our Taco Bell lunch today. Taco Bell was Craig's idea, not mine. I was out with one of the pugs for a vet appointment and asked if he wanted me to pick up some lunch.

Do you have Taco Bueno there? Still fast food TexMex, but WAY better than Taco Bell.

On topic, every once-in-a-while, Kroger has Tatstykakes Butterscotch Krimpets in stock. I buy the whole shelf of them. That is a New Jersey staple dessert.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.47.50 PM.png

CD

My ex-wife LOVED pimento cheese on crackers, which she washed down with Diet Mountain Dew. One of her favorite "treats."

If you put a plate of pimento cheese on crackers, and a glass of Diet Mountain Dew in front of me, and held a gun to my head, I would seriously have to weight the pros and cons of death vs pimento cheese and Diet Mountain Dew. :eek:

My ex-wife LOVED pimento cheese on crackers, which she washed down with Diet Mountain Dew. One of her favorite "treats."

If you put a plate of pimento cheese on crackers, and a glass of Diet Mountain Dew in front of me, and held a gun to my head, I would seriously have to weight the pros and cons of death vs pimento cheese and Diet Mountain Dew. :eek:
I love pimento cheese spread. I usually make it around the holidays, but I missed it this year. Must remedy that.

Recently, I would grab a yoghurt or an apple, or home roasted almonds.

I like the almonds a little dark, on the edge of burnt, but not quite, and salted...I sprinkle water drops with my hand over them and salt, the salt does not stick too much, but I can still have some if it feels like. No fat. Just dry roasted in the oven. Oh and the smell...lovely.

My latest bite would be 10/10.30 pm ...rarely would I eat later...

Tonight however I was so hungry I could not fall asleep, and yes, my bad, I had my fourth coffee the previous day after 7 pm🙈.

I am tempted to have a dark beer tonight though,🍀🍀🍀, it is sitting in the fridge, I bought it for Igor and me, but as I just recently got rid of my sore throat...na...another night...😁

Yes. It has a butterscotch flavor with a butterscotch icing.

CD
Do you have bakery outlet stores down there? They're usually branded by whatever major commercial baker makes their product, like Butternut or Wonder or Pepperidge Farms around here.

We have them, and they're almost always out in the middle of nowhere, and they'll be in some ugly metal building, almost like a lean-to, and all the breads, rolls, and pastries, crackers...whatever that company sells, will be marked at deep discounts because they're about to go past their "best by" date.

Whenever we're out driving around some unfamiliar area and we see one, we pull over and spend about $10US and get a box full of cookies and cakes and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom