Name an ingredient that wouldn't work in a salad

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:20 PM
Now here is a question; can you name an ingredient which really wouldn't work in a salad? Obviously some things have to be cooked first (like chicken) so I'm including that. What I mean here an individual ingredient (not something made from a combination of ingredients).

I would have said cooked minced beef - but TastyReuben recently posted a recipe which (arguably) disproved this!

I'm genuinely struggling to think of anything... maybe this should be a new thread.

Last edited:
Now here is a question; can you name an ingredient which really wouldn't work in a salad?
Well, a salad could loosely be defined as "a bunch of stuff mixed together and eaten," so I think if something appeals to your taste, you could make it part of a salad.

Let's see...marshmallows, toffee bits, gummy bears, with sprinkles and chocolate sauce poured over as a dressing...bowl full of sweets or Willy Wonka Salad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

What about ice cream? Can we saladize that?

Ice cream doesn't count for this thread 'challenge' as its a combination of ingredients. As are the sweets (candies) you mention. Although, there are certainly ways that candies might be used.

What I mean here an individual ingredient (not something made from a combination of ingredients).

Well, a salad could loosely be defined as "a bunch of stuff mixed together and eaten," so I think if something appeals to your taste, you could make it part of a salad.

Let's see...marshmallows, toffee bits, gummy bears, with sprinkles and chocolate sauce poured over as a dressing...bowl full of sweets or Willy Wonka Salad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dude, start saving some money each month. You are going to owe me a laptop if you keep making me spew my water from laughing so hard!!!!

Saladize?????

i26qpaxZhVC28XRTJWafQS-320-80.jpeg

I can think of several things I wouldn't want in a salad, and I don't mean because they wouldn't taste good, but given the expense and flavors of those ingredients, I would prefer they stand on their own. Like diver scallops, geoduck, osetra or buluga caviar, foie gras, stone crab claws, you get the idea.

This is going to take some serious thinking, or at minimum background thinking with an AHA moment.

Back
Top Bottom