Need food (or food related) gift ideas $20-$25

Be cautious of delivery times right now, if you order something to ship to them. The spike in COVID19 has shippers in a dilemma where many of their employees have booked, both for the Holidays and out of fear of the virus. I have a simple delivery from the New York area that has been showing up "Will be arriving late" for three days now.

I hope your kids live close enough to you that you can visit your gifts on them, with caution of course.

Thanks for the heads up. They are two hours away and I no longer drive. My Jeep decided to catch on fire 5 days after I paid a mechanic $1,000 to fix something on it. It wouldn't matter anyway. My ex won't really communicate things so I never know when I'll see them. I saw them four times this year so I'm guessing I won't see them again until after the new year. Both their schools are still doing remote learning so that has to be factored in.

I see that message on most of the websites I visit now. I ordered 3 cases of green tea and it took 13 days for it to arrive to the store. I hope that most people will be prudent and not put themselves and others at risk but I also think people are tired of being locked up. I know a few people that are really, really struggling with the isolation.

I know a few people that are really, really struggling with the isolation.

For all members and lurkers reading this post, here's opportunity for some good will and good deeds. I just read that kids are committing suicide at a high rate due to the virus isolation. We need to stick together and do some inter-community work. But we need to be judicious. I suggest telephoning people and chatting up even the most mediocre things and wishing them well is a good idea, if it is not a bother to the people you call. It's a good time to contact your local church groups, community groups and so forth to see how you can contribute. Involve others. Make it a project and that will give you a personal way to keep yourself busy and feeling important.

Beware however of those people who are out to prey on others at this time, by scamming and conning. Be very careful not to be victimized. If you volunteer anything, make sure you are dealing with church and social/community action groups that you are familiar with.

If kids are feeling hit by the lock downs enough to take their own lives, perhaps it is important to allow them to communicate by phone and web with other kids, supervised, of course. That will keep them occupied and in contact with other kids.

These sorts of Christmas gifts should last into the new year and beyond, if necessary.

Someone asked me via PM why I have to ask my ex for permission to give our children anything.
He is very controlling and will "punish" me if I try to engage with them or give them anything. Yes, it's hard but I've accepted this is the way it has to be until they are old enough to choose to see me. I appreciate any time I get to have with them and don't want to tick him off because he will withhold them even more than he does now (at one point, he wouldn't tell me where they were or how they were doing. I had NO info from him for almost 4 months. I'm afraid he will do that again).
It's not an ideal situation and there is really nothing I can do about it so I go along so I have SOME type of connection with the children.

For all members and lurkers reading this post, here's opportunity for some good will and good deeds. I just read that kids are committing suicide at a high rate due to the virus isolation. We need to stick together and do some inter-community work. But we need to be judicious. I suggest telephoning people and chatting up even the most mediocre things and wishing them well is a good idea, if it is not a bother to the people you call. It's a good time to contact your local church groups, community groups and so forth to see how you can contribute. Involve others. Make it a project and that will give you a personal way to keep yourself busy and feeling important.

Beware however of those people who are out to prey on others at this time, by scamming and conning. Be very careful not to be victimized. If you volunteer anything, make sure you are dealing with church and social/community action groups that you are familiar with.

If kids are feeling hit by the lock downs enough to take their own lives, perhaps it is important to allow them to communicate by phone and web with other kids, supervised, of course. That will keep them occupied and in contact with other kids.

These sorts of Christmas gifts should last into the new year and beyond, if necessary.

I have always made a point to check in with my friends and neighbors. I think it's sad that some people on think about that during the holidays. It is especially important now with the pandemic. Thanks for posting this.

Back
Top Bottom