"New" Food Processor

America's Test Kitchen says the Cuisinart 14-Cup that Shermie and I have is the best. :smug:

CD
They also said the KA one was the best at one time, but it's one of the few areas where they let me down. I figured, how much could a rating change in a couple of years?

Very much, apparently. :(

They also said the KA one was the best at one time, but it's one of the few areas where they let me down. I figured, how much could a rating change in a couple of years?

Very much, apparently. :(

KA food processors have been cheapened. Just like their mixers. They all seem to have universal motors which are very lightweight & cheap!! To me, that's poor quality. Mine has a heavy induction motor, which means more power & it's robust. Next time that you're in a store, test the mchines by picking them up. The heaviest ones have an induction motor. The cheapest ones have wimpy pea-brain motors!! 😡

I use a Hobart at work and it's old and it works perfectly. Hobart invented the stand mixer and started Kitchen Aid, which has now been bought out by whirlpool in 1985. Not sure when whirlpool decided to use plastic gearing in the KA's but it was the beginning of the end.

We also use 2 KA's for light work but they sometimes shut down from overheating. Not sure what is best but won't be getting any KA again.

EDIT: hahaha I thought the thread was about stand mixers......food processors the Cuisinart is my pick for home use. I have a vintage Sunbeam circa 1970's that I bought at a Church street sale for 5.00 in the 80's, and still use it. Heavy as a tank and whisper quiet.

For work we use a Robot Coupe.

Last edited:
Some of Cuisinart's machine also have universal motors, but mine has an induction motor. It's quite heavy & it is commercially rated. I will never be suckered into buying just anything!! I wanted a machine with some weight to it. That goes for mixers also.

My Globe sp08 weighs a whopping 62lbs, the heaviest one yet!!! It has a 1/4hp heavy induction motor that's engineered & made for the machine!! 😱

Last edited:
Some of Cuisinart's machine also have universal motors, but mine has an induction motor. It's quite heavy & it is commercially rated. I will never be suckered into buying just anything!! I wanted a machine with some weight to it. That goes for mixers also.View attachment 71601

My Globe sp08 weighs a whopping 62lbs, the heaviest one yet!!! It has a 1/4hp heavy induction motor that's engineered & made for the machine!! 😱
Now your talking my language.

If you are a dedicated cook, a gourmet cook or a pro chef doing serious cooking at home, then you'll want appliances that are going to stand up to your needs. It only makes sense to get something that is going to stand the test of time. That won't let you down!! That has always been my motto!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom