New JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker!

Acoustic Research, i had before, as did JBL, a surround sound system wit a powered 8" subwoofer. Bose and others have taken a 360 & have gone into surround sound Don't want that. I already have 2 Polk home theater systems, one is still in the box.

I just want a normal speaker system with a woofer & tweeters or a midrange. Things seem to have changed drastically since my last big stereo sound system. Getting back there is hard.

I've just bought a cheap and nasty Bluetooth speaker to take work.
We have 2 warehouses and 1 is storage only with no power sockets. The other has a radio in it but I tend to spend a lot of time in the silent one so I now take a radio and a Bluetooth speaker in. I have some Spotify favourites and some radio, depending on my mood and what I'm doing.
The sound on the speaker isn't great but I'm at work so doesn't matter really, it's just a noise in the background. If prefer earphones but we aren't allowed because of forklifts (although it's usually me driving it so slim chance of being hit by it).

I just made a deal for a pair of old Advents. The kind with the red tweeters they called "fried egg' but I don't see the resemblance. They need foam, which I can handle no problem.

I want to pit them against my Boston Acoustics A-150s.

That's the kind of sound I am into. This new stuff just doesn't cut it for me.

T

The foams are on the way, and I know how to do them.

Come to find out as I read here and there about them is that in the low bass they drop to 2.5 ohms. Now that will take a hefty amp, not in power, but current.

I really want to compare them to my Boston Acoustics, but outside. I might have a set of foams today, which would be cool.

T

Here ya go ! lol

Attachments

• spkr.jpg
    spkr.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 112
Glad you're hooked up. But I am here to change the subject.

HOW DO THEY KNOW ?

I got one tune on youtube, but after that is played another two I really like. Then one they missed but ot by much, and now they are in something is not my absolutely best tune in the world but it is good and I haven't heard it lately.

How do they know ?

T

Acoustic Research, i had before, as did JBL, a surround sound system wit a powered 8" subwoofer. Bose and others have taken a 360 & have gone into surround sound Don't want that. I already have 2 Polk home theater systems, one is still in the box.

I just want a normal speaker system with a woofer & tweeters or a midrange. Things seem to have changed drastically since my last big stereo sound system. Getting back there is hard.
I have a bose surround sound system i haven't used in 5 yrs complete with sub. I have an Arcam and British Fidelity amps driving NHT tower speakers and a Denon 3009 turntable with an SME arm. For everyday music I have a pair of Sonos 5's.

I'm thinking about getting 2 of THESE Polk bookshelf speakers to use with a Yamaha amp & tuner!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom