New Kitchen Toys (2023)

We have a large collection of various containers but these "Superlock" ones are our current favourites.

They come in a number of sizes with both plastic and glass bases.

This is the largest of which I'm aware. We use this for rice.

Just bought THESE from Whole Foods. They have Pyrex containers with plastic lock lids. :whistling:
001.JPG

Got myself a bigger airfryer, and one from a decent brand this time.
My old airfryer was too small, I could only use to make food for me and since I cook foods for several meals most times it ended up not being practical.
It was also a cheap brand. This one is Cosori which the most popular brand here in Portugal with the best reviews, so I'm hoping it works a little better too.
IMG_20230828_202526.jpg

Last edited:
Got myself a bigger airfryer, and one from a decent brand this time.
My old airfryer was too small, I could only use to make food for me and since I cook foods for several meals most times it ended up not being practical.
It was also a cheap brand. This one is Cosori which the most popular brand here in Portugal with the best reviews, so I'm hoping it works a little better too.

I also bought a cheap brand initially. It lasted less than 12 months so I binned it and bought a Phillips at three times the price. Little difference in size or operation but it "feels" sturdier and hopefully it will last longer.

A mate brought these for me today. They were c. £1.15 for 50 and he recommended them. I have yet to try any.

Airfry paper s.jpg

I'm not impressed by the colour of those chips on the packaging.

A mate brought these for me today. They were c. £1.15 for 50 and he recommended them. I have yet to try any.

I'm not impressed by the colour of those chips on the packaging.
I’ve never seen those here, let us know how you think they work, once you try them.

I’ve never seen those here, let us know how you think they work, once you try them.
Airfryer liners are popular here in Portugal. I had a silicone one on my old airfryer. But they affect the quality of the cooking though, so I'm not planning on using them anymore.

If I cook sausages in the airfrier they stick to the basket if I don't keep moving them around. Then it tears the skin when removing them. I've tried aluminium foil "baskets" before which are adequate but a bit of a pain to make. These may be a solution.

If I cook sausages in the airfrier they stick to the basket if I don't keep moving them around. Then it tears the skin when removing them. I've tried aluminium foil "baskets" before which are adequate but a bit of a pain to make. These may be a solution.
Do let us know what you think. I've only tried the silicone liners, I don't think I'll be a fan of the paper ones because I generally avoid disposables, but I'm still considering it.

I tried one today with sausage and roast potatoes. The benefit was that the sausage didn't stick. However, my wife still washed the drawer and the basket so she didn't think that it kept the frier clean. The papers are made for round baskets whereas my basket is a squircle but it wasn't a problem.

I tried one today with sausage and roast potatoes. The benefit was that the sausage didn't stick. However, my wife still washed the drawer and the basket so she didn't think that it kept the frier clean.
Yeah, I can see where you’d still need to wash the basket. Helps with sticking and that’s about it, I suppose.

I usually just give my basket a quick squirt of nonstick spray oil, which works ok, and usually, whatever I’m putting in there will have some oil on it, too.

Yeah, I can see where you’d still need to wash the basket. Helps with sticking and that’s about it, I suppose.

I usually just give my basket a quick squirt of nonstick spray oil, which works ok, and usually, whatever I’m putting in there will have some oil on it, too.

Both the sausage and the potatoes were "coated" in vegetable oil before starting. I don't believe the "add a teaspoon of oil" advertising blurb.

Not a cooking toy but a kitchen 'decoration' I am quite stoked with. An anti insect light!
We are unfortunately the owners of a house next to the neighbourhood wheelie bin deposit , which we didn't know when we moved here. It means that every summer when we open up any window or door, one or two flies come in. And regular measures were proving less and less succesful, so now we have a full on restaurant style insect terminator. It's been quite a relief!
373375847_298354196140581_4543387253099195119_n.jpg

Bought these 2 Oxo products from Whole Foods yesterday! First; the new larger Oxo Chopper that handles slightly larger copping jobs that may be a bit too much for my pull-string chopper to handle. The razor-sharp blade changes positions by turning each time the handle comes up. The push handle can be locked when not in use. Next, the Oxo Smooth Edge Can Opener that eliminates sharp jagged edges on can lids, so there's no danger of cutting yourself!! These are truly heavyweight products that provide safety & have large ergonomic handles to let you enjoy their true conveniences in the kitchen!!!! Both items are shown larger than the actual size. I had the can opener once, but lost it before. The chopper that I had before was the smaller Cuisinart. I wanted a bigger one & the Oxo is just the right one for bigger chopping jobs. :whistling:
Oxo Larger Chopper.jpg
oxo Smooth Edge Can Opener..jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom