New rice cooker

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
10:52 PM
When our old rice cooker gave up a few months ago, I used the spare rice cooker which is brand new although in the storage for many years. This new rice cooker doesn't cook as well as the old one because the rice sticks to the bottom. So I bought a new one, thinking that this spare rice cooker is of low quality. An expensive one I chose from the appliance store yielded the same result - rice sticking at the bottom. So now we have to make do with that rice cooker for a few months until we find a solution.

After some quick research, a lot of people suggest that you let the rice sit turned off or plugged out for over 10 minutes. They claim that the steam will allow the rice to lift off and there will be no stickiness. Of course, if your inner pan is scratched it will still stick. If I may ask, what kind of rice cooker did you get? I have a zojirushi one and that one has a smooth coating that never sticks.

Can I even find my rice cooker? Does it still exist? I have not seen mine in years. That said I honestly can't recommend one as mine if it's still around is quite antiquated. I am off to cook some rice in the saucepan but see if these reviews help. http://bestreviews.com/best-rice-cookers

I have a rice cooker and have had it for years but only used it twice. I like the idea of a rice cooker but both times my rice stuck to the bottom as well. I generally cook my rice in a saucepan and it turns out perfectly fluffy every single time. I like making fried rice and risotto's as well but those are not something I make too often. The husband, being who he is and I love him for it, is a meat and potatoes kind of guy so I find myself trying to figure out new ways to cook potatoes so I don't get bored.

Back
Top Bottom