New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Allen. I am originally English but live in Vancouver, BC (have done since 95). Work in the food business, trained as a chef. Own my own retail store, wholesale business and online store. Joined to talk shop, find inspiration and share stories. Hello everyone.

Welcome to CookingBites @AllenI.:welcome: Please feel free to join in wherever you like. We currently have two fun challenges (usually three) - see here. Or you could always join in with our regular thread What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Its good to have someone from Canada - we have another member from there too (@Rocklobster). I gather there is some excellent food to be had.

:wave: @AllenI Warm :welcome: to the forum. I am relatively new to the forum - 5 months I think. I love it here. Your training and expertise will be a wonderful addition. I can't wait to see what you cook up. Pull up a chair, stay awhile. Jump in any where. DITTO @morning glory - check out the Challenges. There are a few days left so join in the fun.

Hello Everyone I am Jay. I love cooking and im very passionate about it. I have learned a lot from my mother and from my brother in law who is a chef. I hope to get to know more people and make friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wave:@cookingwithjaysimkovits Warm :welcome:to the forum. You are in the right place to find wonderful, inventive recipes and warm, friendly members. Glad you decided to join us.

Hello Everyone I am Jay. I love cooking and im very passionate about it. I have learned a lot from my mother and from my brother in law who is a chef. I hope to get to know more people and make friends.
I totally missed this. Welcome! You've found an excellent forum if you like to cook. This group strikes the perfect balance between supportive and inspirational (there are some very talented people here).

I know it's not obvious, but usually new members post their own separate thread in this forum (don't feel bad: I was an active member for 2 months before I figured that out myself!)

By the way...your avatar is awesome!

Hi everyone, My name is Josh from GlobalMunchies. I've recently got into cooking with my friends but in a unique way. We take foods from different countries and cultures and fuse them together to make new dishes. So I guess I'm a freestyle fusion chef lol. Anyway nice to meet you all. Hope I can get to know you all better. And maybe meet people with similar styles.

Hi everyone, My name is Josh from GlobalMunchies. I've recently got into cooking with my friends but in a unique way. We take foods from different countries and cultures and fuse them together to make new dishes. So I guess I'm a freestyle fusion chef lol. Anyway nice to meet you all. Hope I can get to know you all better. And maybe meet people with similar styles.

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome: There are quite a few of us here who make fusion dishes and experiment. Please feel free to join in wherever you like. We currently have one challenge running (usually we have more) which is The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta and we need more entries - so if you have a fusion pasta dish feel free to join in! Or you could start a new thread about anything food related - you can be sure of replies.

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome: There are quite a few of us here who make fusion dishes and experiment. Please feel free to join in wherever you like. We currently have one challenge running (usually we have more) which is The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta and we need more entries - so if you have a fusion pasta dish feel free to join in! Or you could start a new thread about anything food related - you can be sure of replies.
Challenge accepted, how do we enter after we've completed it Because we usually record our dishes

Last edited by a moderator:
Challenge accepted, how do we ebter after we've completed it Because we usually record our dishes

Click on the thread: The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta. The instructions are in the top post in the thread. Its a light hearted challenge - the winner becomes judge for the next round and chooses the ingredient. Post the recipe and photo if you have one as a new thread. No links to blogs please - we like to see the recipes posted on the forum.

Welcome, Josh of the munchie people.

I just made an Italian/Mexican fusion dish the other day that was fantastic.

Hope to see some of your mash ups soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom