Non Alchohol Beer.

One of my closest friends drinks it and noone knows except me. Diabetes scare got him onto it.
No drama here. I've never drunk it, I prefer rum and gin.
Dic ( drunk in charge) here are heavy penalties. I have 2 charges from my younger days.

Russ

Having no idea how you are using it, I couldn't say much about it other than I think that most beer is about 5% alcohol by volume?

When I cook with alcohol it's wine (about 12%) and it's always a wine reduction that I tend to cook for about an hour (for a seafood pasta dish, for example), and I am generally using about 1/2 cup of wine. When I am making a red tomato-based pasta sauce, it's cooking in my crockpot for a couple of days so I am guessing it's evaporated when we finally eat it!

I have in the past made a beer batter for frying seafood, but I didn't use that much beer. I know I didn't get tipsy from eating it, LOL.

For most people, even children, there is not enough alcohol in a serving of finished food to cause a problem. But, I am blood tested once a month, and can't show ANY signs of alcohol consumption, as it could ruin my chances for a liver transplant in the future.

I just posted before to dispel the widely held myth that alcohol cooks off under all circumstances.

CD

One of my closest friends drinks it and noone knows except me. Diabetes scare got him onto it.
No drama here. I've never drunk it, I prefer rum and gin.
Dic ( drunk in charge) here are heavy penalties. I have 2 charges from my younger days.

Russ
I do know that most "non'alcoholic" beers have a trace amount of alcohol in them. I guess caseydog's Bud Zero figured out how to eliminate it completely or they couldn't call it "Bud Zero", now could they?

I do know that most "non'alcoholic" beers have a trace amount of alcohol in them. I guess caseydog's Bud Zero figured out how to eliminate it completely or they couldn't call it "Bud Zero", now could they?

A handful of other NA beers are zero percent. Heineken is a big seller of zero percent beer in Europe, I hear. The problem is that the US has not taken to NA beer like other countries have. Bud Zero was a Canadian beer that finally made it to the US. Heineken is also available here, but I don't like it (too "skunky" for me).

CD

A handful of other NA beers are zero percent. Heineken is a big seller of zero percent beer in Europe, I hear. The problem is that the US has not taken to NA beer like other countries have. Bud Zero was a Canadian beer that finally made it to the US. Heineken is also available here, but I don't like it (too "skunky" for me).

CD
I've got some of the Heineken in my pantry that was left here by my middle stepdaughter when she was pregnant. I never looked at it very closely. I suppose it wouldn't skunk up a beer batter for fish too badly, eh?

I've got some of the Heineken in my pantry that was left here by my middle stepdaughter when she was pregnant. I never looked at it very closely. I suppose it wouldn't skunk up a beer batter for fish too badly, eh?

It tastes pretty much the same as regular Heineken, so if you like that, you will like the zero version. I personally don't think regular or zero Heineken would be good for fish-n-chips, but someone else may have tried it.

CD

It tastes pretty much the same as regular Heineken, so if you like that, you will like the zero version. I personally don't think regular or zero Heineken would be good for fish-n-chips, but someone else may have tried it.

CD
But I like alcohol so I won't be drinking the zero. Cooking with it or giving it away are my only options.

My eldest daughter has introduced me to this 0.4% lager, which so far gives me the closest taste to a full strength beer.

I made beer back in college 40 years ago but it had pllenty of alcohol in it. I wouldn't say it was easy and it is time consuming. It takes patience but it was fun, to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made beer back in college 40 years ago but it had pllenty of alcohol in it. I wouldn't say it was easy and it is time consuming. It takes patience but it was fun, to me.

I had a friend who brewed his own beer. Every batch was "an adventure." Some times flat, sometimes the bottle exploded. Sometimes tasted good, sometimes had to spit it out.

He also loaded his own ammo (firearm) to save money on range days. Sometimes the bullet went 20 feet and fell to the ground, sometimes the recoil ripped the gun out of your hands.

People like this should just buy things.

CD (I have some great stories involving this friend, I need to post one or two in "what made you smile")

Back
Top Bottom