Oatmeal, the breakfast of champions!

Mixing oatmeal with a liquid is called porridge in the UK ,originates from Scotland,I have it for breakfast with dried cranberrys ,bananas and seeds,
It can also be eaten with added salt....

I love oatmeal - I got hooked on it when I was pregnant, actually - random, I know! I was trying to be healthier and ended up having oatmeal for more breakfasts than I can count. I found it really good for keeping me full for a substantial amount of time - I'm often a grazer and just snack all morning if I don't have a filling breakfast, so oatmeal really cuts out that mindless snacking.

I also like that oatmeal on its' own is pretty bland, so that it can be super versatile when it comes to mixing stuff in. I like a few different combinations - adding sultanas and honey, apple and cinnamon, a little bit of natural maple syrup, even berries added in are fabulous! So many options - a big reason why it's one of the best breakfasts out there!

Oatmeal is the breakfast option I have when I'm really lazy to make a full blown breakfast. I like it because of how much of a clean canvas it is (the original one). You can add so much ingredients to it to spice it up like fruits and different syrups that can make a totally different feel to oatmeal. I just don't eat it every day because the one time I did that, I got tired of eating it and had an oatmeal detox for a few months. But nonetheless, I still got back to liking it and it now remains as one of my favorite breakfast options.

Perhaps not a breakfast option, but there's not much better than a glass of oatmeal stout. There is also one Scottish brewery that produces a beer using porridge oats and very nice it is too.

Mixing oatmeal with a liquid is called porridge in the UK ,originates from Scotland,I have it for breakfast with dried cranberrys ,bananas and seeds,
It can also be eaten with added salt....

I use dried cranberries too! My current oatmeal routine is 1/3 cup oats, a spoonful of sugar, 1/8 cup dried cranberries, and 1/8 cup sliced almonds with 2/3 cup milk. I change it up sometimes, but I'll usually do the same combination for a few months at a time.

I had switched from oatmeal to English muffins for breakfast a while back, but my cholesterol spiked and I'm back on the oats!

I find it does a good job of keeping me full for a few hours and you can change the flavor profile really easily. It's also super cheap and super healthy.

I used to have oatmeal for breakfast when I was young. Oh, I really hated it but I couldn't refuse because my mother would get angry. When I started working, oatmeal appealed to me in the form of muesli. I had a short affair with mueslie until I got tired of it. Now I seldom eat oatmeal but I regularly buy it for my mother. She had suffered a stroke 5 years ago and is now subsisting on oatmeal for her regular meals since she is not allowed to eat solid foods. It's ironic that I am now the one forcing her to eat oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom