Old Cooking Utensils You still Use

I like Backbay 's pieces so much decided to get some. This came today and also got 4 little "lettuce" plates to go with.

First words out of Craig's mouth were "a crawfish?". They actually do look more like a crawfish than a Maine lobster given the lack of antennae.

View attachment 37823

I would buy some too if I could source it at a reasonable price in the UK.

That's cool you were able to get some. That Craig is an observant guy 😁 If you don't mind my asking, Who was the manufacturer of the dishes?

Brad Keeler, I would hope - but maybe the lack of antennae means its not!

Found this:

Brad Keeler was born in 1913 and was the oldest of several children. He was a "go getter" from the start and began his own pottery business at an early age. His business became quite successful during WWII and even after the war. Unfortunately, he died at the very early age of 39 from a heart attack. Despite his family's efforts to keep the business going they were unable to sustain it. In fact newer pieces bear Catherine Keeler's name reflecting the time when the family took over the pottery business.

They both say Brad Keeler, made in USA, and have #s on them. 872 is serving dish. 876 are plates.

Back
Top Bottom