1 cup heavy cream
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 large eggs
4 thin slices of prosciutto
Flaky sea salt (optional)
Flatbread (for serving)

Directions
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium. Cook garlic and rosemary (if using), tossing, until garlic is golden brown and rosemary crisps up slightly but isn’t browned, about 30 seconds for rosemary and 2 minutes for garlic. Transfer rosemary to a plate.

Add chickpeas, tomato paste, and paprika to skillet and cook, stirring often, until coated, about 1 minute. Mix in cream, season with kosher salt and lots of pepper, and bring to a simmer.

Crack eggs into chickpea mixture and season them with kosher salt. Cover (a baking sheet works great if you don’t have a matching lid) and cook until white parts of eggs are set but yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drape prosciutto around eggs. Crumble rosemary on top and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, and more pepper. Serve with flatbread.

Recipe courtesy of Bon Apetít

This does look very good. Chickpeas and eggs are great together and (to me) using cream with the chickpeas is unusual. I'd maybe substitute yoghurt to save calories. The rosemary, though optional, I'd say was important as it adds another taste dimension. Nicely done!

Back
Top Bottom