kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
3:32 PM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
I had remembered watching a food program where the host made what seemed to me a very simple Orange Sherbet.
It took a good number of years before I finally did it.
It's delicious!!!

Orange Sherbet

makes approximately 1 quart

Ingredients:

7 oz. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. finely grated Orange Zest
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
2 C. freshly squeezed Orange Juice, approximately 2 to 3 pounds of Oranges
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice (I used the stuff in the bottle `cuz that's what I had)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C. very cold Whole Milk (I would think that any sort of Milk would work here)

Method:

Prep your Ice Cream Maker to the manufacturers instructions.
In a microwave safe container, heat the Juice just til it’s warm, about 10-20 seconds.
Add in the Sugar and Zest, then stir to dissolve.
Cover and chill in the `fridge overnight.
When you’re ready to churn, whisk together the Orange simple syrup with the Milk in a pitcher or quart-sized measuring cup (it makes it easier to pour with a spout).
Start the Ice Cream Maker and slowly pour the Sherbet base into to the machine.
Follow your Ice Cream Maker’s instructions for making Sherbet or Sorbet, it should take 15-20 minutes to achieve a smooth and creamy soft serve consistency.
Transfer to an air-tight container and freeze 3 hours for a firm Sherbet.

IMG_1961.JPG

*This recipe has been adapted from Food Network Good Eats

I generally don’t like frozen desserts, like ice cream, sorbet, or sherbet, but I do love orange sherbet (and creamsicle ice cream).

You’re going to think I’m nuts, but dip some Fritos corn chips in orange sherbet - it’s phenomenal. Trust me.

I generally don’t like frozen desserts, like ice cream, sorbet, or sherbet, but I do love orange sherbet (and creamsicle ice cream).

You’re going to think I’m nuts, but dip some Fritos corn chips in orange sherbet - it’s phenomenal. Trust me.

A childhood friend of mine has a CheeseSicle company in Cincinnati. Frozen cheesecake on a stick. Mickey's CheeseSicles

CD

Back
Top Bottom