Recipe Oven-Fried Chicken With A Corn Flake Crust

Local time
12:24 PM
I figured I would add my own recipe relating to the current ingredient for the challenge, although it is not an entry.

Source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/oven-fried-chicken-with-a-corn-flake-crust-232683

Ingredients:

1. Rinse and pat dry:
    • 3 1/2 pounds chicken parts
  2. Season with:
    • Salt and ground black pepper to taste
    • ground black pepper
  3. Whisk together in a shallow bowl:
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1/4 cup milk
  4. Combine in a wide, shallow bowl:
    • 2 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.

Method:
    1. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then coat with the corn flake mixture, patting with your fingers to make the crumbs adhere. The chicken can be prepared to this point up to 3 hours in advance and kept, uncovered, in the refrigerator. Arrange the chicken skin side up on the baking sheet. If you wish, drizzle over the chicken: 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter.
    2. Bake until the chicken is crisp and golden, 45 to 60 minutes.
    3. Serve immediately or at room temperature.

background.png

background.png

background.png

I figured I would add my own recipe relating to the current ingredient for the challenge, although it is not an entry.

Source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/oven-fried-chicken-with-a-corn-flake-crust-232683

Ingredients:

1. Rinse and pat dry:
    • 3 1/2 pounds chicken parts
  2. Season with:
    • Salt and ground black pepper to taste
    • ground black pepper
  3. Whisk together in a shallow bowl:
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1/4 cup milk
  4. Combine in a wide, shallow bowl:
    • 2 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.

Method:
    1. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then coat with the corn flake mixture, patting with your fingers to make the crumbs adhere. The chicken can be prepared to this point up to 3 hours in advance and kept, uncovered, in the refrigerator. Arrange the chicken skin side up on the baking sheet. If you wish, drizzle over the chicken: 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter.
    2. Bake until the chicken is crisp and golden, 45 to 60 minutes.
    3. Serve immediately or at room temperature.

background.png

background.png

background.png

I sometimes make this! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom