Pancake Day

I've now arranged for my daughter and grandson to come over for pancake tea on Tuesday. I'm going to make traditional English pancakes (grandson can help and learn) with lemon a sugar. But perhaps I will have to get some Nutella in to please the boy (that was what my daughter advised!).

When we were kids my mum made them every year, with sugar no lemon juice for me. Since leaving home haven't really bothered. When we get home from work we just want to have a proper dinner .Maybe 1 day we will have some because I do like them.

When we were kids my mum made them every year, with sugar no lemon juice for me. Since leaving home haven't really bothered. When we get home from work we just want to have a proper dinner .Maybe 1 day we will have some because I do like them.
Remember that pancakes can be savoury too - so you could have them for dinner. They could be stuffed with spinach. You can see I'm getting desperate about the lack of recipes for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge! :D

I'll be making my partner's favourite pancakes for breakfast. He loves the american style with maple syrup and I let the batter ferment overnight.

I like a potato pancake. These are common in eastern Europe, in particular, though most places have a version. I have very pleasant memories of sitting beside Lake Balaton on a lovely warm evening while eating Hungarian potato pancakes and quaffing a few glasses of beer. Does life get much better than that?

I like a potato pancake. These are common in eastern Europe, in particular, though most places have a version. I have very pleasant memories of sitting beside Lake Balaton on a lovely warm evening while eating Hungarian potato pancakes and quaffing a few glasses of beer. Does life get much better than that?

It sounds idyllic. What type of potato pancakes were they?
The type made with mashed potato or the type made from grated potato? There may be other types too...

Last edited:
I have my flour, eggs and milk for tomorrow. My wife will obtain a few limes from the market this evening. I'm only short of a tosser but I am making enquiries locally.

Can't make my mind up. Whey pancakes stuffed with yoghurt and blueberries, or traditional English pancakes with sugar and lemon? Decisions, decisions! Mind you, I could always have whey pancakes for breakfast, and traditional pancakes after dinner :D

Can't make my mind up. Whey pancakes stuffed with yoghurt and blueberries, or traditional English pancakes with sugar and lemon? Decisions, decisions! Mind you,
I
I could always have whey pancakes for breakfast, and traditional pancakes after dinner

:D

I think you've answered your own question! :hungry:

We are all set for pancake making after school tomorrow and I have bought some Nutella for the boy. I might just make him eat one with lemon and sugar before he is allowed Nutella. He can help me make them too.

Back
Top Bottom