Pancakes or Waffles?

Pancakes or Waffles?

• Pancakes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Waffles

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a place we go for breakfast sometimes that makes REALLY good pancakes, even just plain. They have specials on the weekends. One of them is Oreo pancakes. Two giant plate-size chocolate pancakes with an Oreo cream type filling in the middle. OMG!!!

I'm sure part of their secret is they whip the egg whites and fold them into the batter and they use buttermilk. Other than that? Oh, also pretty sure they use cocoa powder as part of the dry ingredients for the chocolate pancakes, not chocolate syrup. Don't think syrup would get the pancakes that dark.

I fondly remember so many camping trips as a kid in the Scouts making pancakes over a campfire on cold, damp mornings in the forest.

Ok, so the pancakes were poured out of a quart sized milk-like waxed cardboard container, and we jealously shared the plastic jug of imitation maple syrup like it was the last bottle of water on a lifeboat lost at sea, but they were oh so good.

For breakfast this morning I had 2 pancakes they were the thicker type usually served at buffet breakfast and I added yogurt and Fiji honey, rather nice it was too.

Yesterday was an everything on it omelette, tomorrow I will try something different.

Oh. I love both equally, but pancakes are easier to make, especially if I use Bisquick, which I don't mind for pancakes, but don't like for waffles. I LOVE these waffles.

I was asking my mother about this and she definitely said she was a French Toast fan. I didn't event think about that. I guess its kinda like a combination of waffel and pancake.

"French toast" in the UK (if I remember correctly) would be bread soaked in beaten egg and then fried. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Sliced bread, seasoned eggwash, pan fried in butter or bacon grease.

People get crazy with the eggwash seasoning: vanilla, nutmeg, truffles, etc..

Even hot peppers.

Chocolate Chip Pancakes. No. Chocolate Chip Waffles. I can't decide. :)

"French toast" in the UK (if I remember correctly) would be bread soaked in beaten egg and then fried. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

During the holidays i. E. Christmas, I'm partial to panettone French toast. There are so many wonderful flavors like chocolate chip, chocolate, fig Etc. There's eggnog French toast as well.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Sliced bread, seasoned eggwash, pan fried in butter or bacon grease.

People get crazy with the eggwash seasoning: vanilla, nutmeg, truffles, etc..

Even hot peppers.

Hot peppers for pancakes?!! That is going a bit too far!! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom