Pancakes or Waffles?

Pancakes or Waffles?

• Pancakes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Waffles

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"French toast" in the UK (if I remember correctly) would be bread soaked in beaten egg and then fried. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

My in laws & pretty much everyone else I know does these as a sweet breakfast option with syrup & bacon or possibly ice cream as a dessert but my mother used to do a savoury version that had very finely chiffed parsley & possibly that dried “Parmesan” abomination in the green can that’s shelf stable mixed into the egg base.

I voted pancakes.

We usually eat American style with syrup & bacon about one Saturday per month.

Crepes were a huge thing here in the 1980’s. I adore savoury ones.

The best pancakes I’ve ever had were made on 2 seperate occasions, 2 unrelated women, both from Macedonia.
Served with the sort of sour plum jam & butter. Thin, lacy, very slight crispiness to the edges but easy to roll up.

Waffles are fairly new on the scene here in Australia. Previously the only waffles seen were at fancy ice cream stores and they were rolled to make the cone. Nothing at all like the waffles we are talking about in here.

Frozen waffles have been available for about 20 years I think. They certainly weren’t part of my childhood.

Aldi had potato waffles on a special a few years back that were a delicious hot breakfast component.

Potato waffles I do like. I wonder how easy it would be to make them at home?

They look pretty easy, but you're going to need a waffle iron of some kind.

I bet Craig would really like these. I found 1 recipe that's kind of along the lines of a potato latke and another that uses bacon, cheese, sour cream as part of the dough, basically a loaded baked potato in waffle form!

Back
Top Bottom