Recipe Pancakes

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:16 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Ingredients (serves 2 people who are not exceptionally hungry, a 3 egg mixture with 3/4 pt of 'milk' serves 2 very hungry people!)

1/2 pt of milk/soya milk
6oz self raising flour (keep the flour handy)
2 eggs
1 heaped dessertspoon of a fine sugar (demerara is not good for this).

Plenty of lemons & caster sugar.

Method
If you have a blender/liquidiser simply add all the ingredients and blend. Add more flour and 'whizz' until you have something that is the consistency between single & double cream.

If you are doing this by hand, then start the opposite way around to the one you expect. Add all the flour & sugar to a bowl and then a small quantity of the milk. Mix to a thick spoon paste, add the eggs (beaten) and mix again to a slightly thinner paste. Add the milk a little at a time, mixing constantly until you have a mixture that is somewhere between the consistency of double cream and single cream.

If you have time, allow the mixture to stand for an hour, otherwise just use more flour to thicken.

Cooking
I have a gridle which makes life much easier - otherwise you need something like a large omlete pan..
heat the pan until very hot, add a small knob of butter (should burn easily). I find a soup ladle is very useful to guage the quantity needed in my gridle. Add mixture and let gravity spread it around the gridle for you (pick the gridle up and give gravity a hand here - but without touching the mixture). You will know it is cooked underneath as the outer edges start to brown and bubbles appear and pop in the pancake. Flip pancake over and give it a few mins on the other side, serve and eat straight away - that's where the lemons and caster sugar come it.

Variations
Our favourite variation by a long shot, is to switch out 1 heaped tablespoon (per egg) of the flour with hemp flour and use dark brown soft sugar for the sugar in the pancake mixture. This makes for a really tasty pancake.

No photo's - they don't last long enough :hungry:

6 1/2 years on and finally a photo !

_20190305_215058.JPG

Back
Top Bottom