The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
5:14 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
b7b43ae7-c150-49b9-9d1f-169148aac508-jpeg.jpg

Considering how many pestos I've made, I'm amazed that I can't find any of my recipes here. My method is not 100% traditional, but rather is my attempt to capture the essence of a pesto while making things a little bit healthier. Hence, I use much less oil, and substitute much of the volume with stock.

Ingredients

1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup turnip greens, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/3 cup almonds
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil, or more for desired consistency
1/2 teaspoon salt, adjusted to taste

Directions

1. Place parsley, greens, garlic, stock, and almonds in food processor. Pulse until mostly ground, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed in between pulses.

IMG_0454.JPG

2. Add cheese and olive oil, and pulse, streaming in additional olive oil as needed to achieve desired consistency. Add salt if needed.

IMG_0455.JPG

View attachment 28000

Considering how many pestos I've made, I'm amazed that I can't find any of my recipes here. My method is not 100% traditional, but rather is my attempt to capture the essence of a pesto while making things a little bit healthier. Hence, I use much less oil, and substitute much of the volume with stock.

Ingredients

1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup turnip greens, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/3 cup almonds
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil, or more for desired consistency
1/2 teaspoon salt, adjusted to taste

Directions

1. Place parsley, greens, garlic, stock, and almonds in food processor. Pulse until mostly ground, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed in between pulses.

View attachment 27998

2. Add cheese and olive oil, and pulse, streaming in additional olive oil as needed to achieve desired consistency. Add salt if needed.

View attachment 27999

I've only started making pesto, my daughter can't get enough of it. Yours looks great.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom