Pasta cutter

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
9:41 PM
Does anyone else use a Kitchenaid pasta cutter attachment? I have a couple different ones that do spaghetti and both of them seem to not cut well. Is this how they all are?

Does anyone else use a Kitchenaid pasta cutter attachment? I have a couple different ones that do spaghetti and both of them seem to not cut well. Is this how they all are?
Yes, I've got the one that rolls out sheets that came in the same box as the fettuccine and spaghetti cutters. Mine work fine. What's yours doing?

When it comes to cutting pasta, the results can really depend on the composition and texture of your dough. Make sure you've got the consistency just right before you start slicing. If the dough is too soft or too stiff, it can be a real pain to cut through cleanly.

When it comes to cutting pasta, the results can really depend on the composition and texture of your dough. Make sure you've got the consistency just right before you start slicing. If the dough is too soft or too stiff, it can be a real pain to cut through cleanly.
Good point

Yes, I've got the one that rolls out sheets that came in the same box as the fettuccine and spaghetti cutters. Mine work fine. What's yours doing?
When I do the fettuccine attachment they always turn out perfectly, but the spaghetti one some of the strands stick together. It can be a pain in the butt to separate them, but I guess I could just do the fettuccine attachment, since I like that style better. Or just cut it into Tagliatelle by hand.

I've used it once or twice and found it a bit awkward, probably because I'm too slow! My hand-cranked pasta machine seems to do it better.
Dead right what fruitjuice said. If the dough is too dry (or too wet) you're going to have a problem.

1716639552628.jpeg

I also have found that if I don't have the sheets floured properly when running through the cutter they stick a little. To avoid that I generally flour them after running through, then let them rest a little bit (maybe 10 minutes) before running through the cutter.

I also have found that if I don't have the sheets floured properly when running through the cutter they stick a little. To avoid that I generally flour them after running through, then let them rest a little bit (maybe 10 minutes) before running through the cutter.
That's pretty much what I do. My sheets always turn out beautiful, and that has never been an issue. I think I still have my hand crank one somewhere.
20230513_190400.jpg

That's pretty much what I do. My sheets always turn out beautiful, and that has never been an issue. I think I still have my hand crank one somewhere.
View attachment 113973
No I meant after you run them through, flour and let them rest before cutting.

Yes your sheets are lovely!

No I meant after you run them through, flour and let them rest before cutting.

Yes your sheets are lovely!
Oh. Yeah, I lay them flat and run my hand across them before cutting them, if there is any resistance, I smooth it out with flour. There is nothing worse than putting a sheet of pasta through that is too wet and sticky and you watch the die get all gunked up in slow motion. 😂 They are a pain to clean.

I've just watched an episode of Master Chef España, where the elimination challenge was to make stuffed pasta. To be honest, I was astounded at how many of the (8) competitors didn't have a clue how to make pasta. Too wet, in some cases; rolled out too thick, and horrendous concoctions over- filled with roast lamb, chorizo, tomatoes, cheese, with sauces that were all far to thick and never came close to complementing the fillings. I kept talking to the TV all the way through: "KISS! KISS! KISS!!

( Keep it simple, stupid!)

Back
Top Bottom