Pasta Makers

I used to have a manual Imperia pasta machine...it did a great job but I found it awkward to use: I never quite got the hang of turning the handle with one hand whilst managing the pasta dough with the other. The end result was that I hardly used it :(

I now have the 3 piece pasta roller set for my KitchenAid - and its fab! I've had it a few years now and use it regularly for sheet pasta and tagliatelle (occasionally for spaghetti). I also have a cheap collapsible wooden pasta drying rack which makes it so much easier to keep the pasta strands separate before cooking them.

Glad this thread was posted. I just bought these attachments for our Kitchen Aid. They are on sale for $59.99 right now plus there was a coupon for a little more off for me. They are after market parts but are stainless. There are all in 1 roller/cutters for sheets/fettucini/spaghetti but I decided to go with separate ones.

Roller and cutters for Kitchen Aid

Just finished using these to make pasta. I put porcini powder in the flour since we are having a porcini sauce made with the frozen fresh porcinis I bought a whole back. Figured I would keep the flavor profile going.

The sheeter and the fettucini cutter worked fantastic. Easiest pasta I've ever made. Only thing though was the numbers/thickness are backwards from the machine we have so I tried the initial roll out on the thinnest setting which didn't work so well, but was easily rectified. Lesson learned, pay attention when using something new for the first time even if what you are doing is something you've done hundreds of times before.

Just finished using these to make pasta. I put porcini powder in the flour since we are having a porcini sauce made with the frozen fresh porcinis I bought a whole back.

Wow, this sounds and looks good. I reckon I'd eat them without the porcini sauce - just some melted butter will suffice for me.

Back
Top Bottom