Recipe Pasta Salad with Melon, Pancetta, and Ricotta Salata

cookieee

Local time
6:01 PM
We first made this recipe back in 2012 and it received a Very Good rating. My note said that it was the first time I had pancetta and went crazy over it. lol It is on the menu for soon (I hope, DH bought everything for it)

Pasta Salad with Melon, Pancetta and Ricota Salata
4 servings

2 oz. thinly sliced pancetta (Italian bacon)
4 oz. orecchiette (ear-shaped pasta)
Kosher salt
3 1/2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 TB. Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 cups diced peeled melon (any variety)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, divided
3 TB. thinly sliced scallion
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
freshly ground black pepper
1 oz. ricotta salata (salted dry ricotta), shaved or crumbled feta

Heat oven to 350F. Arrange pancetta in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes. Let pancetta stand until cool enough to handle, then break into bite-size pieces.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in a medium pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta; run under cold water to cool. Drain and set aside.

Whisk oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add half of pancetta, cooked pasta, melon, half of mint, scallion and the red pepper flakes. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle remaining pancetta and mint over. Garnish with shaved ricotta salata.

Source: Bon Appetit mag. August 2012

We first made this recipe back in 2012 and it received a Very Good rating. My note said that it was the first time I had pancetta and went crazy over it. lol It is on the menu for soon (I hope, DH bought everything for it)

4 servings

Kosher salt

Heat oven to 350F. Arrange pancetta in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes. Let pancetta stand until cool enough to handle, then break into bite-size pieces.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in a medium pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta; run under cold water to cool. Drain and set aside.

Whisk oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add half of pancetta, cooked pasta, melon, half of mint, scallion and the red pepper flakes. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle remaining pancetta and mint over. Garnish with shaved ricotta salata.

Sound good. I've never tried baking pancetta until crisp. That could be very tasty.

I was just reading a recipe for melon the other day, served hot in a curry!! Melon huh?
Interesting! I'd say that, once pineapples made their way into savory dishes (sweet and sour chicken, for example), anything is possible. Personally, I'd want to make the melon pieces large enough that I could pick them out if I changed my mind. Then again, fruits are an important part of any chutney, so I could see it working.

Interesting! I'd say that, once pineapples made their way into savory dishes (sweet and sour chicken, for example), anything is possible. Personally, I'd want to make the melon pieces large enough that I could pick them out if I changed my mind. Then again, fruits are an important part of any chutney, so I could see it working.

Il post a pic, I think it's the same book mg has as well. Margaret Fulton.

Russ

4 servings

Kosher salt

Have you met guanciale yet? Took us years to find some locally.

Have you met guanciale yet? Took us years to find some locally.
When I did my search for what the heck it was (lol) I saw Publix mentioned, but didn't check out the thread.

Back
Top Bottom