Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

You just reminded me that I used to like Thai peanut sauce. I haven't had it in over 20 years, though, more like 25. Might have to do that one of these days and see if I can eat it without gagging, LOL.

Cashew Butter

Super simple, 3 ingredients. Use a really small food processor because otherwise you will have a time scraping down the sides or a large one or the insides of a blender. And I don't know if you have Amazon in Croatia? They sell it on Amazon in the U.S.

Nevermind, Google says you don't. I am sorry, I wish I knew where to tell you to source it.
Oh no worries, we get delivered from Amazon, I got Us books this summer, and am expecting a book by Duck59 I recently bought, from Uk Amazon...

However, policy might have changed recently, as I noticed some items were not deliverable...

Oh well ...not a big deal🤷😊

Thank you so much for the recipe!💙

You can make your own in a food processor. I have bought it at the health food store. I don't think I have ever seen it at a regular grocer. It's not cheap.
I can get it (and almond butter) at my local Kroger. I keep meaning to try it, but my hand can't reach past the peanut butter. :laugh:

I had a bit of a revelation with my 72 year old father this past week while getting him home, and settled.

He loves peanut butter, and as a Brit he grew up on jam sandwiches. Never though, in all his years, had he ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Got him a jar of Skippy, and some sugar free grape jelly and strawberry jam. He WILL have a PB&J.

I had a bit of a revelation with my 72 year old father this past week while getting him home, and settled.

He loves peanut butter, and as a Brit he grew up on jam sandwiches. Never though, in all his years, had he ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Got him a jar of Skippy, and some sugar free grape jelly and strawberry jam. He WILL have a PB&J.
My dad (83) loves peanut butter, always has, but he's very peculiar about his sandwich.

It's got to be supersoft white supermarket bread (like Wonder), one piece and one piece only, a thick smear of butter, then an even thicker smear of peanut butter, then fold it over, and that's it. It's enough peanut butter to choke a horse.

We buy the all-natural stuff (I love the ingredients list..."Peanuts.") and it has that layer of oil on the top. You're supposed to stir that in, but I like to pour it off, and by the time you get about 2/3rds of the way to the bottom of the jar, the peanut butter is thick and almost chalky, like the peanut butter in a Reese's cup. That's my favorite!

My dad (83) loves peanut butter, always has, but he's very peculiar about his sandwich.

It's got to be supersoft white supermarket bread (like Wonder), one piece and one piece only, a thick smear of butter, then an even thicker smear of peanut butter, then fold it over, and that's it. It's enough peanut butter to choke a horse.

We buy the all-natural stuff (I love the ingredients list..."Peanuts.") and it has that layer of oil on the top. You're supposed to stir that in, but I like to pour it off, and by the time you get about 2/3rds of the way to the bottom of the jar, the peanut butter is thick and almost chalky, like the peanut butter in a Reese's cup. That's my favorite!
Exactly the way I make my Sammies, has to be fresh bread.

Russ

Exactly the way I make my Sammies, has to be fresh bread.

Russ
If you hand my dad a peanut butter sandwich with two pieces of bread, he won't eat it. One piece of bread for peanut butter. Period. No exceptions. He could be found starving on a deserted island, hand him a two-pieces-of-bread peanut butter sandwich, he'd decline. :laugh:

If you hand my dad a peanut butter sandwich with two pieces of bread, he won't eat it. One piece of bread for peanut butter. Period. No exceptions. He could be found starving on a deserted island, hand him a two-pieces-of-bread peanut butter sandwich, he'd decline. :laugh:

Yeah same here, I get two slices of bread both folded, not together, one for each biscuit hook.

Russ

My kid has those phases of when she is hooked on certain food and then not at all, so from her last hooked on Pb we have 2 jars of Pb.
It is delicious, crunchy.
I like it on a toast. Toasted toast. Probably with a fresh banana or apple on the side.
Earlier I'd layer any jam on top.

You can make your own in a food processor. I have bought it at the health food store. I don't think I have ever seen it at a regular grocer. It's not cheap.

Kroger sells cashew butter under their Simple Truth brand.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 3.35.25 AM.png

CD

Back
Top Bottom