Peanut Butter

Peanut butter with Marmite is a good combination.

I have never tried Marmite or Vegemite. I don't think I can find either around here. (Possibly online?)

The only ways I like peanut butter are:

Savory in Thai cooking.
In the middle of homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - a friend made these with dark chocolate and good quality PB years ago....
A spoonful by itself - ALWAYS by itself - of a good quality organic semi-crunchy PB.

My three years of PB sandwiches - with or without jam, with or without pads of butter - and yes, as a kid I had ASKED for them - made me so nauseous I couldn't eat the stuff at all until about the year 2000. I couldn't even stand the stench of a sandwich being eaten near me for nearly that long.

Nowadays, I'm fine with PB, if it is of good quality. BUT you will probably never get me to combine it with bread and make a sandwich out of it ever again.

I have never tried Marmite or Vegemite. I don't think I can find either around here. (Possibly online?)

You either love it or hate it (as the Marmite advertising says). Most who try Marmite for the first time hate it. They tend to use to much. It has to be used very sparingly. Vegemite is more forgiving and is milder and less salty. Peanut butter is great with either. In fact Marmite recently launched a new product:

I like pb&j sometimes. I prefer smooth peanut butter over crunchy. Sometimes, I have it with celery. It's weird because I didn't really care for it as a kid.

I had a peanut dressing at a Thai restaurant near where I worked at the time. I have never been able to duplicate it.

You either love it or hate it (as the Marmite advertising says). Most who try Marmite for the first time hate it. They tend to use to much. It has to be used very sparingly. Vegemite is more forgiving and is milder and less salty. Peanut butter is great with either. In fact Marmite recently launched a new product:

View attachment 49387

Just bookmarked, I have to try it!

It’s not something we use to eat in Italy, apart from me.. I like it very much but just for this reason, I try to eat it not often or I could finish a jar spoonful after spoonful, just like Nutella.
I like also to make my own peanut butter - not too much smooth - spread it on a slice of bread with some fresh fruit or as stuffing for crepes.
But my naughtiness is to mix it with gelato, oh wow

View attachment 49387
I've spotted that a few times and been tempted to try it. I have so far resisted because although I love Marmite, I have never liked anything 'Marmite flavoured'

Back
Top Bottom