Philadelphia tomato pie

the only time I ever ate square, cold pizza was in Florence. You´d go into a bakery and have this huge slab of pizza base with artichokes, or tomato with olives/anchovies - cold.

BDH (before DH) I wasn't really too interested in pizza. I mean don't get me wrong I'd eat a slice every so often, but I was not OCD about it.
One Sunday not long after DH came into my life, he clipped an article out of the newspaper with a recipe for the dough, etc.
"Here, why don't you try to make this since you like to cook so much."
Never had I ever made this before and I thought that he was nuts! Make pizza? That's why you go to the shops!

WELL!

I still use that recipe to this day and have learned to leave the dough to rise and ferment in the `fridge for maybe a week before using it and it is scrumptious!
Our eldest niece requested for her 16th birthday gift that I make pizza for her birthday party with all of her friends.
I don't recall how many pies I made but I do remember using an entire 5 pounds of flour to make the doughs.

And now I'm going to add to my repertoire!

Last edited:
BDH (before DH) I wasn't really too interested in pizza.
My wife is very noncommittal about pizza. Twice a year would be fine with her.

Me, I'd happily eat it every day, which I do when she goes to FL to visit her friend. I think my current streak is 12 days, but that's only because she won't stay gone any longer. :laugh:

My wife is very noncommittal about pizza. Twice a year would be fine with her.

Me, I'd happily eat it every day, which I do when she goes to FL to visit her friend. I think my current streak is 12 days, but that's only because she won't stay gone any longer. :laugh:
DH is in your same boat!
Pizza everyday, cold, hot, room temp, no matter ... but then if you add in Pasta, Lasagna, Chix Parm, Ravioli, Sausage Peppers & Onions, Meatballs ... I'll stop now ... 👩‍🍳

Pizza everyday, cold, hot, room temp, no matter
I'm very picky that way...hot out of the oven or nothing else. I don't like it cold, or even room temp, and the idea of leftover pizza is almost offensive to me, because it suffers such a loss of quality.

I used to get so angry with my wife, because we'd have pizza, and I'd eat my half, and she'd have maybe two slices of her half.

I'd ask, "Are you going to eat any more of your half, because if you're not, I'd like to have it while it's still hot."

"I'm still eating, so I don't know!"

15 minutes later, "So what about that pizza, then? It's still sitting out there."

"I might have it, geez!"

30 minutes later: "Ok, I think I'm done, you can have the rest if you want it."

😡

I'm very picky that way...hot out of the oven or nothing else. I don't like it cold, or even room temp, and the idea of leftover pizza is almost offensive to me, because it suffers such a loss of quality.

I used to get so angry with my wife, because we'd have pizza, and I'd eat my half, and she'd have maybe two slices of her half.

I'd ask, "Are you going to eat any more of your half, because if you're not, I'd like to have it while it's still hot."

"I'm still eating, so I don't know!"

15 minutes later, "So what about that pizza, then? It's still sitting out there."

"I might have it, geez!"

30 minutes later: "Ok, I think I'm done, you can have the rest if you want it."

😡

My paternal grandmother had one way of eating cooked food. If it wasn't burn the roof of the normal human mouth hot, it was "ice cold." She would serve everyone dinner, then sit down at the table, take a bite, and say, "This is ice cold!" She'd look at us and ask, "How can you eat that, it's ice cold!"

CD

My paternal grandmother had one way of eating cooked food. If it wasn't burn the roof of the normal human mouth hot, it was "ice cold." She would serve everyone dinner, then sit down at the table, take a bite, and say, "This is ice cold!" She'd look at us and ask, "How can you eat that, it's ice cold!"

CD
That's exactly how I am. If it's meant to be hot, like a bowl of chicken soup, I want it to be screaming hot.

MrsT is exactly the opposite - if it's warm, that's good enough for her.

Back
Top Bottom