Review Philips HD3030-30 Rice Cooker

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
2:30 AM
After 10 years of requiring a jack hammer to remove the last 20% of rice from our rice cooker I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new “Teflon” coated one. I always try to buy brands which are known to me whenever possible so I opted for the Philips HD3030/30 rice and congee cooker.

Although the appliance is simple to operate I was pleased to see the manual in English (and Hindi, Bahasa Indo, Bahasa Malayu, Thai and Chinese).

Overall I was impressed with the results obtained with rice, particularly as there was no “sticking” whatsoever, the rice just fell out. We have had the cooker now for 4 months and cook rice probably 2 - 3 times/week. We have not yet cooked congee in it.

The appliance is solidly built and is fitted with a twin and earth three pin plug on the end of a detachable lead. It also comes with a nylon steamer tray and it has fuzzy logic.

We paid Bht 1,300.00 (US$ 40.00) for it although 2 months later found it on special offer for Bht 990.00.

Nice review - but I still don't understand why anyone needs a rice cooker! A pan and some water. Water gets absorbed. Done!

Nice review - but I still don't understand why anyone needs a rice cooker! A pan and some water. Water gets absorbed. Done!

Like most modern gadgets - purely convenience. The water/rice doesn't boil over if you are not watching it and neither does it burn if you forget about it (I've done both in the past).

I love the way it has congee on one of the buttons! Most in the Western world wouldn't know what that was! Excellent clear photos BTW.

I didn't know until I googled congee.
And to answer your question: because of no sticking and always perfectly cooked.
I use a steamer myself.
Yes I will review it next week.

Thanks for sharing, just purchased online yesterday. But 1. Can the LED SCREEN show the time remaining? Or its just two stripings while working?
2. What's the diff between Quick cook and Standard cook? 3.How to adjust the time to 15min, since I just want to steam some sweet potatoes? Thanks a lot in advance! Since I am considering to return, if cannot shorten the time to just boiling some vege and meat

Thanks for sharing, just purchased online yesterday. But 1. Can the LED SCREEN show the time remaining? Or its just two stripings while working?
2. What's the diff between Quick cook and Standard cook? 3.How to adjust the time to 15min, since I just want to steam some sweet potatoes? Thanks a lot in advance! Since I am considering to return, if cannot shorten the time to just boiling some vege and meat

I replied to your email.

To clarify - the time to cook rice is automatically determined by the appliance depending upon the quantity being cooked. If cooking rice purely for myself, this amount of rice and water cooks virtually perfectly.

To clarify - the time to cook rice is automatically determined by the appliance depending upon the quantity being cooked. If cooking rice purely for myself, this amount of rice and water cooks virtually perfectly.

Sod's law. The rice I cooked last evening turned out a bit sticky. I must have used the wrong rice. [I did].

Back
Top Bottom