Philly cheesesteak sliders

Like other great British inventions (jet engines, hovercraft and the chip sarnie) you stole.

You forget to mention that we stole their colonies (which they stole from Native Americans). And, whoever invented Chez Whiz should not be proud of it.

CD

(I am posting this thanks to a number of microchips... invented in Dallas, Texas, USA)

And, whoever invented Chez Whiz should not be proud of it.
We did not know you culinary savages would eat it :okay:

(I am posting this thanks to a number of microchips... invented in Dallas, Texas, USA)
Perhaps you should tell Yorky to give them a try in his hot air fryer.
(I am posting this wearing only a tie, thanks to a Croatian invention)

Oh MG, London broil is flank steak or top round. You barely cook it -- it has to be rare, or it is shoe leather. You slice it very thin, against the grain. Done right, it's not really all that good. It does make a decent sandwich, so the leftovers are better than the meal.

CD

Incredible how I do know what London broil is. Never known why the name “London”, anyway marinated is very good.

Incredible how I do know what London broil is. Never known why the name “London”, anyway marinated is very good.

My parents love London Broil. It was very popular in the 60s, so we had it regularly. The beef flavor is decent, but don't care for it, otherwise. I've only made it once, and that was at my parent's request. It does make a good sandwich. You have to slice it very thin, against the grain.

My dad slices any and every meat however he wants, with no thought to the grain of the meat. I've tried to teach him not to do that, but it goes in one ear, and out the other. :facepalm:

CD

My parents love London Broil. It was very popular in the 60s, so we had it regularly. The beef flavor is decent, but don't care for it, otherwise. I've only made it once, and that was at my parent's request. It does make a good sandwich. You have to slice it very thin, against the grain.

My dad slices any and every meat however he wants, with no thought to the grain of the meat. I've tried to teach him not to do that, but it goes in one ear, and out the other. :facepalm:

CD

My dad does the same, he says “oh really? Nice to know”, but then it goes in one ear and comes back

Now, since we dragged the UK into this, does anyone remember Old English cheese spread? It was/is(?) Cheez Whiz in a sharp cheddar flavor!

I do remember it. That was a LONG time ago. It was thicker than Chez Whiz, IIRC. We would spread it on crackers.

CD

I picked up some steak for this yesterday, so I'll be making this soon.

Last edited:
... So, one step from being accurate.

heh, Phila street soft pretzels don't taste the same since they outlawed leaded gasoline . . .

Oh, I haven't had one of those pretzels in YEARS. Those chain pretzel places in the Mall don't come close.

I used to be able to buy TastyCakes Butterscotch Krimpets at my local Kroger, but they stopped carrying them. :mad:

CD

Back
Top Bottom