Pickles

1st stage of the next lot of pickled onions. Luckily my better half quite enjoys peeling shallots because I bloody don't!!!

1st stage of the next lot of pickled onions. Luckily my better half quite enjoys peeling shallots because I bloody don't!!!View attachment 41881

She looks very fit - love the dreads! You may not want to tell her this but there is an easy way to peel them. Put in bowl. Cover in boiling water. Leave to steep for 20 mins (or longer). Then the skins come off easily. Once I discovered this I no longer dreaded peeling them. It really does work.

Yes, I do the same, I’d already done this, I still hate peeling them though! She is fit, she is one of those weirdo’s that goes for a 5k run every morning, never understood it myself, she does her own dreads, didn’t like paying 200 quid to the hair dresser so looked on YouTube and taught herself, again, not something I would attempt but she hates spending needlessly and reins my spending in, which is a good thing...:thumbsdown:

1st stage of the next lot of pickled onions. Luckily my better half quite enjoys peeling shallots because I bloody don't!!!View attachment 41881
She's happy as long as you keep her fueled with that stuff to her right.

You can also blanch them for about 30 seconds and the skins will come off, too. Same thing with pearl onions.

Back
Top Bottom