Pineapple and chicken?

I went to check out the marco Pierre White recipe but I stopped at the download. Not sure if I should have. Anyway, I was just curious about pineapple and ginger ketchup, which I might have tried some time back. Is this recipe in the link below your pineapple and ginger ketchup? I am happy to get your take in the simplest terms for a green cook alongside a chef.:)

http://www.food.com/recipe/pineapple-ketchup-103171
the recipe is very similar to that but i use fresh pineapple and a little tomato puree and i always blitz with my hand blitz gun through a fine chinois,but yes the principles are the same ,you can adjust the aromates,to suit your own taste,i must admit i wing it now as it can always be adjusted

the recipe is very similar to that but i use fresh pineapple and a little tomato puree and i always blitz with my hand blitz gun through a fine chinois,but yes the principles are the same ,you can adjust the aromates,to suit your own taste,i must admit i wing it now as it can always be adjusted

Thank you and fresh out of talking about gadgets I buy and never use, you mention a blitz gun which certainly isn't something I have in my cupboard. I had to google it. Thanks for the education though. I am an adjuster and creator when it comes to my cooking so I always find a way out.

Thank you and fresh out of talking about gadgets I buy and never use, you mention a blitz gun which certainly isn't something I have in my cupboard. I had to google it. Thanks for the education though. I am an adjuster and creator when it comes to my cooking so I always find a way out.
technical term is a stab mixer ,i only even use cheap ones at work as they get a habit of being dropped,they have so many uses , soups are a good one

:D:D:DOh dear. So where did this blitz gun that I could probably get arrested for come from. When I did the quick search I just quickly looked at the pictures to see what they looked like.Looking again I realise the blitz gun is quite real and there is one that actually looks quite similar to stab mixer. Looking at the stab mixer I have something similar locally.

"Weapons" aside, I think I am going to play around with a pineapple recipe as soon as tomorrow. Thanks again for the info. I am "fully armed":)

:D:D:DOh dear. So where did this blitz gun that I could probably get arrested for come from. When I did the quick search I just quickly looked at the pictures to see what they looked like.Looking again I realise the blitz gun is quite real and there is one that actually looks quite similar to stab mixer. Looking at the stab mixer I have something similar locally.

"Weapons" aside, I think I am going to play around with a pineapple recipe as soon as tomorrow. Thanks again for the info. I am "fully armed":)
Its the pet name its developed at work "wheres the blitzy gun head"if i said stab mixer they wouldn't have a clue now!i will claim artistic licence ,i can call things by a French name and its taken as it is read,take saute potatoes,je saute means i jump,so jump potatoes.......

Yesterday came and went and I did not attempt the recipe. I was quite out of it and barely whipped up my own chicken breast creation with curry being a dominant spice. Just minutes ago I popped some chicken in the oven and it's not Pineapple chicken. Next time I suppose. I thought some "je saute potatoes" might be good but poor potatoes are not nearly enough. "Tant pis"

Yesterday came and went and I did not attempt the recipe. I was quite out of it and barely whipped up my own chicken breast creation with curry being a dominant spice. Just minutes ago I popped some chicken in the oven and it's not Pineapple chicken. Next time I suppose. I thought some "je saute potatoes" might be good but poor potatoes are not nearly enough. "Tant pis"

Ah, la vache,non pomme sauté

Ah, la vache,non pomme sauté

Interpreter please!!!!! I googled that expression and saw some cows:):):). Help me out here. I THINK I get it but I don't want to be wrong. When I saw the cows I thought "holy cow" we are having beef/diary pineapple with potatoes.

Last edited:
Interpreter please!!!!! I googled that expression and saw some cows:):):). Help me out here. I THINK I get have it but I don't want to be wrong. When I saw the cows I thought "holy cow" we are having beef/diary pineapple with potatoes.
It's a French slang oh my god !no sauté potatoes

technical term is a stab mixer ,i only even use cheap ones at work as they get a habit of being dropped,they have so many uses , soups are a good one

Thanks to you and @winterybella for elaborating on this. They're often called immersion blenders here, and I need to get one. I'm glad you mentioned that they frequently get dropped, because that would probably be the case here, so I might also buy a lower end one.

Thanks to you and @winterybella for elaborating on this. They're often called immersion blenders here, and I need to get one. I'm glad you mentioned that they frequently get dropped, because that would probably be the case here, so I might also buy a lower end one.
i use mine every day at work ,as log as the blade comes off to join the dishwasher i never spend more than £20 ,it gets abused ,i will push 15 litres of soup through a fine sieve regularly,its a must have bit of kit,

When I make sweet and sour chicken I always used pineapple and peppers in the sauce. The pineapples give it such an awesome taste. It is my favorite sweet and sour sauce. I know there are a number of Chinese dishes that include pineapple and chicken. It is a great combination and works very well together.

Back
Top Bottom