Recipe Pistachio-Filled Croissants

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
3:21 AM
Pistachio-Filled Croissants
croi_b.png

6-8 pastries | Preparation & baking time 25 min

This entry was inspired by e.g. TastyReuben's pistachio and cherry scones, almond paste filled Danish pastries and lemons which I love.

Ingredients
240-250 g readymade puff pastry​
50 g (60-80 ml) coarsely ground, unsalted pistachios (coarsely ground pistachios don't match the fluffy mixer ground ones volume-wise)​
60-80 ml (~30 g) icing sugar/powdered sugar​
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon​
1,5 teaspoons vanilla extract​
2 tablespoons water​
A small handful of icing sugar to sprinkle on top​

Instructions

Set the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6, no fan). Roll the puff pastry on top of a parchment paper until it is about 0,5 cm thick. Cut out six or eight elongated, triangular pieces. Set the pieces evenly apart and lift the paper carefully on a baking sheet. Grate the lemon zest and ground the pistachios coarsely (place them in a sturdy kitchen plastic bag and pound them with a meat mallet) or buy readymade pistachio kibble. Mix the ground pistachios with an equal amount of icing sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract and two tablespoons of water. Apply the paste evenly on top of the pastry bottoms/dough pieces. Leave about 1,5 cm of the edges clear/empty. Roll the croissants loosely from the wider end towards the tip. Don’t apply egg wash. Bake the croissants for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and powder with icing sugar. Serve with coffee or tea.

How delicious looking! I note you use ready rolled puff pastry rather than traditional yeasted croissant dough. This reminds me that its an age since I made croissants from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom