Pizza with spaghetti

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:34 AM
I never used to like this but I used to make it for the wife, I tried some left overs and now I like it. Bases are store bought. Cheap as chips. Spaghetti cheese and bacon. I'll put pineapple and a spicy sausage on my half. Just got to hear later.

Russ

To be fair, I have put spaghetti on a pizza dough, and it was good, but not so good that I'm looking forward to it again. :)

When I did it, though, it was homemade dough, and leftover homemade spaghetti bolognese, and that plus a little extra cheese was it.

This has inspired me, though, to pull out a trashy pre-fab pizza recipe from my youth and post it here. I'll do it this weekend at the latest.

I thought it looked really good. Ham with pineapple and lots of cheese.

Ok, I'm making a Big Boy pizza, a dish based on mainly pre-fab items.

Frisch's, for those who may/probably don't know, is a regional chain of family restaurants, items like burgers and other sandwiches, and some comfort food items as well. They also have a big breakfast buffet.

Their signature item is their Big Boy Burger, which claims to be the original double-decker burger. It's similar to a Big Mac, but the main difference is the use of tartar sauce instead of thousand island dressing.

This pizza is meant to duplicate the taste of a Big Boy burger, but in pizza form.

Here goes:

First, start with a Boboli crust, and brush it with olive oil:

Next, top it with cooked ground beef:

After that, a mix of Cheddar and American cheeses:

Into the oven for 10 minutes, then you'll have this:

Cut into square portions and top each one with a dill pickle:

Add a healthy dollop of tartar sauce (Frisch's brand preferred):

Finish with some shredded iceberg lettuce:

And that's a Big Boy pizza. The taste is spot-on

Ok, I'm making a Big Boy pizza, a dish based on mainly pre-fab items.

Frisch's, for those who may/probably don't know, is a regional chain of family restaurants, items like burgers and other sandwiches, and some comfort food items as well. They also have a big breakfast buffet.

Their signature item is their Big Boy Burger, which claims to be the original double-decker burger. It's similar to a Big Mac, but the main difference is the use of tartar sauce instead of thousand island dressing.

This pizza is meant to duplicate the taste of a Big Boy burger, but in pizza form.

Here goes:

First, start with a Boboli crust, and brush it with olive oil:

Next, top it with cooked ground beef:

After that, a mix of Cheddar and American cheeses:

Into the oven for 10 minutes, then you'll have this:

Cut into square portions and top each one with a dill pickle:

Add a healthy dollop of tartar sauce (Frisch's brand preferred):

Finish with some shredded iceberg lettuce:

And that's a Big Boy pizza. The taste is spot-on

Ain't nuttin wrong with that, I'd devour it all.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom