Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never heard of sushi until it took off here, I've still not had it but my kids and their kids all love it, nothing like the bland food I grew up with. Kids are so spoilt now with choice.

Russ
I ask kids if they would like a soda - they reply what flavor?
Anything was good when I was a kid and ya needed your parents permission before you accepted.

We’re currently camped in the desert on the outskirts of Las Vegas.
Wifie went into ‘Vegas yesterday to assist Grandma Axehandle handle future plans upon her death.

Today we take our Off Highway vehicle across the desert to a tavern in the desert town of Goodsprings for lunch.

It’s the place Clark Gable drank and smoked for three days while waiting for rescue crews to recover his wife Carol Lombard’s remains from her plane crash on Mt Potosi above the Tavern.

Gables cigarette burns are still on the bar.
7CFBEBFD-61A5-4221-A772-380932EC7A08.jpeg

1E6CB70D-698B-4E98-A554-F27D857065B6.jpeg

045CD525-841D-4FA2-9D5A-137F170C6CD1.jpeg

Last edited:
It was last Monday. Have you got any results yet caseydog?

Sorry for not responding. I didn't see this until now -- I am not a mod, so I miss things.

The results showed pretty much what I already knew. Looks like I'll have to have an extra "procedure" before the surgery. Not a surprise. Pretty simple.

The thing now is getting all the advance stuff done, so I can get the surgery done, so I can go to Mom's house for Christmas. She will be the real victim if things go bad and I don't drive "home" for two holidays in a row.

So, no stress from the actual medical stuff. All family (mom) stress.

CD

Sorry for not responding. I didn't see this until now -- I am not a mod, so I miss things.

The results showed pretty much what I already knew. Looks like I'll have to have an extra "procedure" before the surgery. Not a surprise. Pretty simple.

The thing now is getting all the advance stuff done, so I can get the surgery done, so I can go to Mom's house for Christmas. She will be the real victim if things go bad and I don't drive "home" for two holidays in a row.

So, no stress from the actual medical stuff. All family (mom) stress.

CD

Oh - that's good. I'm glad there is nothing to worry about beyond what you expected.

I've been on vacation this week. Monday, we went to IKEA, and the German bakery for our stash of German goodies (and to buy gifts for some folks), and yesterday, we went to the international market for our supply of British stuff in general and Christmas stuff as well.

I've delivered one box of cookies (to the vet's office), and I'll deliver another today (to the pharmacy). Later tonight, we're going to the zoo lights:

View: https://youtu.be/DvEzPhwnqm4

I get free tickets every year, and this year is different because there are timed entries to keep numbers down. Usually, it's a madhouse and I don't like it. I hope it's a lot better this year. We usually go every three years or so.

I'd never heard of sushi until it took off here, I've still not had it but my kids and their kids all love it, nothing like the bland food I grew up with. Kids are so spoilt now with choice.

Russ

My father was in the Army before he married my mother. He always insisted that we try various cuisines. I didn't really have a choice but I definitely experienced more than the usual cheeseburger, hot dog, pot roast meals most of my peers did. Our parents hosted huge parties each year and would actually hire a chef for the evening. We got to try all kinds of cuisines.

I remember when we had ice cream trucks and the options were chocolate or vanilla soft serve. Neapolitan (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla in one carton) was the rage. Now, we have ice cream shops with a gazillion combinations. It's overwhelming.

My father was in the Army before he married my mother. He always insisted that we try various cuisines. I didn't really have a choice but I definitely experienced more than the usual cheeseburger, hot dog, pot roast meals most of my peers did. Our parents hosted huge parties each year and would actually hire a chef for the evening. We got to try all kinds of cuisines.

I remember when we had ice cream trucks and the options were chocolate or vanilla soft serve. Neapolitan (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla in one carton) was the rage. Now, we have ice cream shops with a gazillion combinations. It's overwhelming.

I grew up in a relatively poor working class area. Money was tight.i remember a big tex restaurant opened up a wee way away, (7kms) and people went mad for the murican burgers n fries. We never went there. Only remember drinking fizzy as a teen, grandparents used to bring us some. I've mentioned before I never went into a restaurant until my late teens. When I was working. Just the way it was.

Russ

1 pm here on a Saturday. Have to go to rolleston , son bought a house there about 6 years ago, about a 25 min drive from here. Pick grandkids up and bring home . The eldest is a daughter, her and my wife will go shopping for clothes for her. She won't wear certain things do my wife and her sort it out. They are staying the night, the two boys will entertain themselves here. I'm doing smoked chicken pasta, which they love. Miss 11 is really growing up, mr6 and mr8 will raid my raspberries and blackberries. No doubt a movie tonight for kids. Miss 11 will sneak upstairs when the boys go to sleep. They are very close.
I've put bets on at the gallops so I'll watch those at times. 24 deg c here so a nice day.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom