Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today I start plastering the Wife's sister's bungalow. They had a quote from someone then asked me to double check the quote. She knows I try to not do much plastering anymore, I can't be bothered with it.
Anyway, turns out he was trying to rip them off to the tune of about £1000.
Apparently he's "a brilliant plasterer" and had been doing it for over 12 months now. 🙄
Well, he would have been if he had a job.
The upshot is I start it today and I'll go round after work every day until it's finished.
I'm too old for this... Especially starting it the morning after a whisky tasting night.

Also started the morning with a walk. Sprinkled a bit of rain, but not enough to bother with an umbrella. Visited with my buddies on the way:

Well, today I start plastering the Wife's sister's bungalow. They had a quote from someone then asked me to double check the quote. She knows I try to not do much plastering anymore, I can't be bothered with it.
Apparently he's "a brilliant plasterer" and had been doing it for over 12 months now. 🙄
The upshot is I start it today and I'll go round after work every day until it's finished.
I'm too old for this... Especially starting it the morning after a whisky tasting night.

Is she not going to pay you something given how much money she has saved?

It's going to be a cooking, taking care of kitchen tasks day. Divided up, bagged, labeled and froze some proteins already. Have a starter for some bread going for tonight. Just started some Creole mustard that has to mature for 2 weeks on shelf, so I have to can it. I've been meaning to do this for several weeks as we are out. I'll start the rest of our dinner in a few.

Plans for Today:

So far: I've hard boiled a bunch of chicken eggs (removing the floaters) - chicken eggs are getting ahead of me! I pickled them with a 1:1 mix of apple cider vinegar and water, adding a little salt, dill seed, nutmeg, and a couple dried ____ peppers. They should be ready next Monday or Tuesday. This is to follow up on the quail egg pickling I did yesterday, which will be done by Thursday.

Pulled off a couple ticks, one on my arm, one on my leg. At the moment, everything on me itches. Just because I wonder where the next one will show up.

In a few minutes I am going out to water the garden and add the compostables (that I don't give to the chickens) to the compost pile, at which point I am going to rip off all my clothes and take a steamy shower.... sounds kinky, but no, it's tick-phobia.

I will also make a Greek lamb meatball dish today, that if it turns out good, will get posted here eventually. Won't have any cheddar available until Wednesday.... If I get motivated, I may plant some more things just before that shower... I would also like to do some deck staining, but i THINK that can be after.

I know I'm getting old when I am already worried about what time we get home..lol..I hate all day affairs....I joke with my gf that we should pack a lunch when we take trips into the city and eat some chicken loaf sandwiches in a parking lot someplace..;p

I know I'm getting old when I am already worried about what time we get home..lol..I hate all day affairs....I joke with my gf that we should pack a lunch when we take trips into the city and eat some chicken loaf sandwiches in a parking lot someplace..;p
MrsT announced a few months ago that eating supper at the "late" hour of 6:30PM was messing up her digestion overnight, so now we're eating at 5PM...can the 4:30PM Early Bird Special be far off? :laugh:

MrsT announced a few months ago that eating supper at the "late" hour of 6:30PM was messing up her digestion overnight, so now we're eating at 5PM...can the 4:30PM Early Bird Special be far off? :laugh:
I’ve been dealing with GERD for a few years. I like to give myself three hours after dinner before bed We bumped up dinner, as much as we can. I bought an electric bed and raise the head . That has helped a lot. Old people problems. Or, maybe they are common but when you are younger you don’t give a crap..

Only plans today are work, a walk (if the weather permits), spaghetti and meatballs, and a trip to the garden center if I'm really ambitious.
Work, I'm getting through. Garden center is done, eight trailing verbena plants (purple and white) and a hanging ivy geranium that my sweetie at the garden center says will attract hummingbirds, and salad dressing is made, and meatballs are already in the oven.

It's been raining hammers all day, so the walk isn't looking good.

Maybe that's why she wants to move to Florida to retire. Early-bird specials are big there. :okay:

CD

I did all my gibboard/ plasterboard/ internal placing and stopping ceilings and walls upstairs. I couldn't do it now though. Painters here didn't know I did my own, said it was dam good.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom