Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in the airport in Columbus (OH), waiting on MrsT's flight to land.

Glad I left early, because the interstate was completely shut down about two miles before the airport exit, so I had to hop off and take the back way there.

Will she recognize the house when she gets home?

CD

Was looking to do mow the lawn but we had a very heavy rain shower this morning and now everywhere is wet so no mowing today.
Had a huge burst of energy this morning, it appears to have disappeared.

It's a solid downpour outside right now, the kind where the stream of raindrops rattle the leaves on the way down and make a wonderful sound once they finally reach the surface - there's a difference in the noise it makes when it meets the driveway versus when it lands in the yard. I love that.

The biggest thing I'm planning today (besides work 😠) is making supper tonight - knockwurst and German potato salad. I'm so looking forward to that, I was reading over the recipe last night, just for fun.

I try to make a plan for the evening, today I mowed part if the lawn, washing on the line and tidied the shed, tomorrow evening I shall be cleaning out our guinea boys.

I hope to take another shot at a fish challenge dish. I made a marinade, and it was aweful. It had sesame oil in it, and I think it was rancid. I need to just use freshly purchased sesame oil, and toss the bottle in the trash after the first use. No matter what I do to preserve it, it goes bad before I use it again.

CD

A friend called me on Thursday, to help her at an Embassy event; couldn´t resist. It went very well - 8am - 2pm. Great.
Then when I got home, I realised I´d brined some veg to make piccalilli (chow-chow) and, leaving them any longer - they´d ferment. So another 3 hours making the pickle and bottling it.
Sooooo - today I did absolutely nothing, except watch football on TV. Too exhausted!

Chow chow I consume at a jar every few weeks. Never tried to make my own.?

Russ

Plans today didn't include an early morning visit to emergency but I'm currently sitting outside the hospital enjoying a coffee in dappled sunshine.
Plans today didn't include an early morning visit to emergency but I'm currently sitting outside the hospital enjoying a coffee in dappled sunshine.
I saw mention of a “pan of oil” and “burn” in another thread… hope the burns are treatable and heal quickly.

I saw mention of a “pan of oil” and “burn” in another thread… hope the burns are treatable and heal quickly.
Thank you.
It's the weird swelling/ blisters that have people confused. Luckily the actual burn area is only 5cm diameter so not too bad. It's got a burns dressing on it and I've got to keep it dry for several days, so no showers (particularly because we're on untreated water) and obviously keep it clean but otherwise all is fine. There's a photo of it in the general chat thread...

I need to just use freshly purchased sesame oil, and toss the bottle in the trash after the first use. No matter what I do to preserve it, it goes bad before I use it again.

Strange - I never had that problem. I don't use sesame oil a lot (and you only need tiny amounts anyway) and I think the bottle I have is over a year old. Its still fine - kept in a dark cupboard.

Have to come back again to the dentist this morning.

Dentist. On Saturday. On Saturday morning.

There is something totally wrong in the world.
I'm sad you have to go to the dentist on a Saturday, but your comment about something being "totally wrong in the world" made me smile a little.

I used to see a dentist (whom I liked very much) who did night appointments a couple of times a week, and that was a surreal feeling, because the office building she was in was deserted by that time, and all the lights shut off, and sitting in her chair with nothing but the exam light shining and reflecting off the plate glass windows, I used to think, "She could murder me right now and no one would know.." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom