Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend called me on Thursday, to help her at an Embassy event; couldn´t resist. It went very well - 8am - 2pm. Great.
Then when I got home, I realised I´d brined some veg to make piccalilli (chow-chow) and, leaving them any longer - they´d ferment. So another 3 hours making the pickle and bottling it.
Sooooo - today I did absolutely nothing, except watch football on TV. Too exhausted!

Today I shall be doing nothing except recovering from yesterday.
It was the Midlands Whisky Festival. Doors opened at 11.30, last pour was at 17.30.
Sample as many whiskies as you feel like all for free. My mate was marking them off for about 4 hours then give in but he got to 36 by then.

Last edited:
Make breakfast
Work*
Make salad and dressing
Make pizza
Paint shed roof
Pick up meds
Watch lots of Euro-horror movies

*I reported earlier I have to work today. Turns out, it's the most pointless thing in the world.

There's a big testing effort going on, related to an acquisition we made last year, and I have to report a status every four hours that there are either no issues in our live environment, there are issues in our live environment that won't affect testing, or there are issues in our live environment that will affect testing. Easy, but annoying, since we already are staffed with an on-call person, but that was deemed insufficient. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We were talking about "management speak" earlier somewhere on here, and since they cooked this up on Thursday, I've heard one phrase over and over that's since gotten under my skin: "eyes on glass."

Like so:

"...so we're asking live support teams to report status every four hours. You won't have to be eyes on glass, but be prepared to get online if something in your area happens."

"...this is just a periodic update of your systems, no need to be eyes on glass for this, folks..."

"...the question is, will you be expected to be dialed in to the conference call, and the answer is no, just be able to provide a quick update every four hours. There's no eyes on glass requirement..."

Oh, shut up! 😒

Cooking a few dishes for dinners next week and tonight plus some laundry, paying a couple of bills and reminding Craig of some things he needs to do.

I need to finish cleaning the kitchen after yesterday's fish taco cook. They were good, but I pretty well trashed my kitchen making them.

CD

Oh, I am also going back and forth between the computer and the TV as I watch the Steelers game, and come back to the forum during the plentiful commercials.

CD

Today...
Rake up all the grass from the lawn.
Remove dead leaves from the palms.
Discover that there´s more to this than I thought.
Keep going till 1pm, by which time, I´m hungry.
Respond to all the clients that want to buy my picalilli.
Cook lunch because now, I´m starving.
Eat.
Sit down on the patio, look at the mountains 71195
And say: Who cares? Time for a glass of Cabernet and a stogie. :cool: :cool:

Sitting in the airport in Columbus (OH), waiting on MrsT's flight to land.

Glad I left early, because the interstate was completely shut down about two miles before the airport exit, so I had to hop off and take the back way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom