Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, that is what wives are for. I thought all men knew that.!!!!!! lol
I've never seen anyone have zero interest in actually doing anything in the kitchen while simultaneously having 100% interest in telling me how to do things in the kitchen. :eek:

I've never seen anyone have zero interest in actually doing anything in the kitchen while simultaneously having 100% interest in telling me how to do things in the kitchen. :eek:
Hmmmm you do have a situation there. Did your wife ever have the run of the kitchen? I did it all for 35 years and the last 5 when DH had to take over, I find it very hard to let go. Simple things like getting upset if the spices are not put back in the correct spot, utensils put back in the wrong place, things like that. Like he just came in and I was telling him what temp. to put the slow cooker on. lol

Hmmmm you do have a situation there. Did your wife ever have the run of the kitchen? I did it all for 35 years and the last 5 when DH had to take over, I find it very hard to let go. Simple things like getting upset if the spices are not put back in the correct spot, utensils put back in the wrong place, things like that. Like he just came in and I was telling him what temp. to put the slow cooker on. lol
Nope. I've always done all the cooking, cleaning, etc. Domestic Goddess, she is not.

She's not even a Type A person, like she's not terribly bossy, she's not a take-charge perso. She's just one of those people who thinks there's exactly one way to do something, and it just so happens, it's her way. Every other way is wrong.

I always laugh, because if she's in the kitchen getting something, I'll sometimes say, "Hey, start the dishwasher for me, I forgot," and I'll watch her. She'll get the little detergent pod, open the dishwasher, and...move exactly one item, even if it's just to move a fork from one side of the flatware basket to the other. Then she'll look at me like, "There, I fixed your utterly and completely laughable attempt at loading a dishwasher!" :laugh:😬

Well, looks like you have found a way to live with it. Did you like to cook before you got married?

Just cleaned up the fridge. I guess the freezer is tomorrow.

Well, looks like you have found a way to live with it. Did you like to cook before you got married?
Yep, I've always liked to cook. I had to hide that when I was a teen, because boys cooking in my house growing would have warranted an ass-thumping from my dad. :laugh:

Great job - your hired

I don't see any leftovers. Did you throw them away?

D.i.l birthday dinner tonight. Her requests chilly garlic bread then chicken croquettes then fillet Mignon with garlic sauce and or mushroom sauce as well. Potato gratin, corn and something else. Chocolate brownie dessert, her fave. So I'm busy this afternoon.

Russ

D.i.l birthday dinner tonight. Her requests chilly garlic bread then chicken croquettes then fillet Mignon with garlic sauce and or mushroom sauce as well. Potato gratin, corn and something else. Chocolate brownie dessert, her fave. So I'm busy this afternoon.

Russ
Sounds like a great dinner.
I know you are busy tonight, but when you have a chance, I was wondering if you saw Neil Diamond last year when he was in Christchurch?

Sounds like a great dinner.
I know you are busy tonight, but when you have a chance, I was wondering if you saw Neil Diamond last year when he was in Christchurch?

Didn't even know he was here? My wife's the music buff having worked in a record store. She knows everyone pretty much. I'm not a big fan of his though. I'm more into the ramones and noise,lol.

Russ

Didn't even know he was here? My wife's the music buff having worked in a record store. She knows everyone pretty much. I'm not a big fan of his though. I'm more into the ramones and noise,lol.

Russ
I just read it on line today, thought I would ask. Thanks!! (I also worked in a record store, lots of fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom