Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job - your hired

I don't see any leftovers. Did you throw them away?
We don't generally have a lot of leftovers; I usually cook half-recipes. There was a container of potatoes leftover and that did get tossed.

Plans today...oh boy. MrsTasty is in Detroit at a conference. Got a call yesterday from one of the other attendees that MrsTasty had been admitted to the hospital with signs of a heart attack.

Signs are good right now. She has a tricky heart, and this just looks like a symptom of that, but I'm sitting in the airport in Dayton now, waiting on a 6AM flight to Detroit.

Had to scramble like a nut to get the dog sorted late yesterday and get my flight booked, then get packed and to bed, then right back up at 3AM.

Going to be a long day. She was due to come back tomorrow, but that may end up delayed.

We don't generally have a lot of leftovers; I usually cook half-recipes. There was a container of potatoes leftover and that did get tossed.

Plans today...oh boy. MrsTasty is in Detroit at a conference. Got a call yesterday from one of the other attendees that MrsTasty had been admitted to the hospital with signs of a heart attack.

Signs are good right now. She has a tricky heart, and this just looks like a symptom of that, but I'm sitting in the airport in Dayton now, waiting on a 6AM flight to Detroit.

Had to scramble like a nut to get the dog sorted late yesterday and get my flight booked, then get packed and to bed, then right back up at 3AM.

Going to be a long day. She was due to come back tomorrow, but that may end up delayed.
I am so sorry, saying prayers that she will be okay. Please keep us posted. Have a very safe flight.

Finders crossed for you and MrsTasty.
Hubby and I both know what it's like. Anxious moments for all concerned whilst outwardly you try to look like everything is OK and that this is probably just 'the usual'. But it doesn't make it any less stressful, anxious or easy.

Sorry to hear it. Sending virtual good and healthy thoughts your way.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. As frequently happens, I find, the more I spend around doctors and hospitals, they're not really sure what happened.

The final verdict: "She maybe, possibly, probably could have had a heart attack. All signs point to it, but we can't say for for sure."

She's awake and alert and all her numbers look good now, but nobody knows what happened or what brought it on. They're keeping her overnight again, and hopefully we'll get to leave tomorrow, though flights look like crap.

I just feel bad for my wife. You know how celebrities want the EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony awards)? She seems to be going for the medical equivalent. Major auto-immune disorder, which drastically altered her life in 2010, major stroke in 2013, still trying to work through that, and now she's "probably, maybe, could have" had a heart attack. Can't wait to see what, oh...let's say 2026, has in store.
1534568367.7433-smiley.gif

She's really tough, but for the past 10 years, she's spent more time at the doctor's, in the hospital, in one kind of therapy or another, and generally just feeling like crap than a single person deserves, and I know it wears on her.

Other folks have it worse, though, so all she can do is put her head down and power on.

She maybe, possibly, probably could have had a heart attack. All signs point to it, but we can't say for for sure.

Oh my - that is a confusing diagnosis to get. The main thing is that she is OK right now - and if they are going to let her go tomorrow then that will be a good sign. I've been in hospital many times with my 'dodgy ticker' usually but not always triggered by an auto-immune disease I have - and its been frightening. So I empathise.

I've been in hospital many times with my 'dodgy ticker' usually but not always triggered by an auto-immune disease I have - and its been frightening.
Interesting...she was diagnosed with her AI disease in 2010, and today, the doctor said that could have set everything off.

Anyway, the good news is, they can't find anything wrong, so she's being released in the morning.

The bad news is...they can't find anything wrong, so they don't know why it happened. We're still in the "maybe she did, maybe she didn't" neighborhood with the whole heart attack thing, so when we get home...more appointments.

Can't say enough good things, though, about the ICU staff at Harper Hospital (Detroit Medical Center). They took excellent care of her.

Thanks again for all the kind words and concern, everyone. We really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom