Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's mad because they've given her three new meds, which brings her total meds to something like nine or 10 (maybe more), all with their various side effects
Tell her not to worry. 9 or 10 is nothing. I'm on 6-8 for my asthma alone and then I have tablets for the side effects of my asthma meds and for the side effects of those meds as well. But without the meds for my asthma, I'm dead and without the meds for the side effects of my asthma (Addison's disease - just google it) I'm also dead. My figure for meds is more than double that sadly.
We use Google Notes to keep a copy of my medication and doses in. It is shared with hubby so that it is always available to both of us in case of an accident or emergency. Plus in Australia they now have something called MyHealthRecord that you have to opt out of rather than into. From my point of view, its a good thing. I also have a MedicAlert bracelet which I try to wear all of the time I'm out of the house. I got it in bright red as a sports band. It's obvious though not the traditional version of the MedicAlert bracelet/necklace.

for you both.,
Ok, new update: latest doctor says MrsTasty most definitely had a heart attack and has sustained some heart damage as a result. They're fitting her with an implantable heart monitor that she'll keep for a year or so, and once they catch any kind of weirdness from that, they'll develop a treatment plan. This doctor thinks the heart issues she's had the last several years are fixable.

Making for a long day. Last night's update was, "maybe a heart attack, but everything looks fine now, we'll have you out of here around 9AM."

Now, she's suddenly having outpatient surgery, and we'll be lucky to be out before 6PM-7PM.

Also spent an aggravating hour on the phone with our health insurance, because the doc said, "make sure this is covered, because it ain't cheap," and (as is always the case with insurance)...the best I could get was, "it should be covered..." - I'd like better confirmation than that. The best she would do was send me their policy and, "look it over and see what you think." Don't get me started on health insurance in this country. 😒

:hug: for you both. Good news that MrsTasty is being treated swiftly.

Now you got me confused, we get an extra hour of light.

Russ
Not really. It's light when I get up now. It won't be when the clocks change but I'll get to watch the sunrises again. Right now I'm locking the chooks up at 6:30pm. When it changes, I'll be locking them up at 7:30pm. I still get the same amount of sunlight. Just at different times of day. Right now it's roughly 6am to 6pm. When it changes, it will become 7am to 7pm.

The saying is Spring forward, Fall back. So 6am will become 7am and I'll have to get up an hour earlier to stay getting up at 6am. Thus I lose an hours sleep because the clocks go forward.

Not really. It's light when I get up now. It won't be when the clocks change but I'll get to watch the sunrises again. Right now I'm locking the chooks up at 6:30pm. When it changes, I'll be locking them up at 7:30pm. I still get the same amount of sunlight. Just at different times of day. Right now it's roughly 6am to 6pm. When it changes, it will become 7am to 7pm.

View attachment 32542

The saying is Spring forward, Fall back. So 6am will become 7am and I'll have to get up an hour earlier to stay getting up at 6am. Thus I lose an hours sleep because the clocks go forward.

That's right spring forward and fall back, I'd forgotten about that.

Russ

That's right spring forward and fall back, I'd forgotten about that.

Russ
you are still losing a hours sleep though! Unless you are lazy and sleep in. But we swim on a Sunday morning so we will be getting up at the same time (6am) and just accept that we have lost some sleep (but not this weekend)...

Waiting on the heat pump guy to come fix it. Flashing sequence says it's a fan motor or wire off.So it's not really hot here yet so oven is on with door open and the four bench top hobs are on as well. I hate the cold. Lol.

Russ

And I have a head cold. I hadn't had a cold in three years, now second one in a month
crumpets are the plan for today
and European cultured butter (vegan butter) for said crumpets

I've gone off crumpets for a while. We had every Sunday for about 6 months. I just got sick of them, for now. Heat pumps man just left, I have heat. Yay.

Russ

Yikes! It's so humid out, it looks likes it's raining, but it ain't raining. Everything is just...wet, and it's foggy as hell.

Making oatmeal for breakfast this morning, probably with some toast, then it's out to the grocery store to get food for the next few days.

I'm planning on making chicken Marbella, which has to marinate overnight, and all the recipes say to then let it sit an additional day after baking to really let the flavors come together, so I guess I need to start on that today if we're to have it Monday.

Not much planned for today. It's too hot to do a lot outside. It is 7:30AM, and already 80F. Another 95F day in the forecast, and not a drop of rain.

CD

Not much planned for today. It's too hot to do a lot outside. It is 7:30AM, and already 80F. Another 95F day in the forecast, and not a drop of rain.

CD

How do you bear it? I nearly expired when the temperatures hit 90F here a month or so ago. I literally couldn't move and sat with a fan directed at me covered in wet face cloths!

Its a pleasant 66 F here right now.

Plans for today:
Make a dessert for a challenge on another forum. I don't really eat or make desserts but so its practice for me.
Clean out cutlery drawer, which is overloaded with stuff and 'gritty' with bits.
Make a recipe for the Cookbook Game (chicken).
Plan something to make with the black tomatoes I just harvested
Type up & post cauliflower recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom