Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, last night, we watched a Poirot episode! Hope you're feeling better.

On top of her latest medical emergency, the wife developed a helluva cold, and I think I'm coming down with it. I rarely get colds since I moved to working primarily from home.

Snap here on the cold as well, second time in a month. Havnt had flu in 3 years.

How do you bear it? I nearly expired when the temperatures hit 90F here a month or so ago. I literally couldn't move and sat with a fan directed at me covered in wet face cloths!

Easy, you spend copious amounts of money air-conditioning your house. You can't buy a car here without AC, and you move quickly from your car to the store, office, mall... every building is air-conditioned here.

I do my yard and garden work as late as possible in the evening.

On days I have to do outdoor photography jobs (often) I drink water and Gatorade by the gallon.

This year, it has been hot all over the US. I travel a lot for business, and I couldn't get away from the heat.

CD

And the fire season officially starts tomorrow!

It's already on, here. I'm waiting for it to be over. We haven't had a big one this year, just small ones that are extinguished before they do any property damage or hurt anyone. I hope it stays that way.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 3.46.50 AM.jpg

CD

It's already on, here
Err, it's only spring here. We've not actually started the season yet, mind you we haven't officially or actually finished our drought. While states is still in a drought. No fires now without a permit and permits withdrawn at anytime without notice. Total fire bans every public holiday staring this Monday (it's a public holiday in some states).

Forecast is for 32°C by Sunday. Can't see much gardening happening in that. Cold nights though down at 7 °C... But tonight it expected to be another widespread frost at 2°C.

Easy, you spend copious amounts of money air-conditioning your house. You can't buy a car here without AC, and you move quickly from your car to the store, office, mall... every building is air-conditioned here.

I do my yard and garden work as late as possible in the evening.

On days I have to do outdoor photography jobs (often) I drink water and Gatorade by the gallon.

This year, it has been hot all over the US. I travel a lot for business, and I couldn't get away from the heat.

CD

Or early as possible in the morning.

We bought a head of cabbage for me to start a small batch of sauerkraut for a German charcuterie board in the future. It actually turned out to weigh a bit more than Craig guestimated so I may divide it up and make some kimchi too, been wanting some Korean food. Need to get them started so they do their fermenting.

Plans for tomorrow...

Just to get through the day.
Water kefir to make
Descriptions to update
Bread to make
Sourdough to wake up
Crumpets
Oatcakes (Staffordshire ones)
Wire up about 5 recipes
Tinker with more settings on site
And then some more
Remember to walk to letterbox to collect mail
Remember to collect eggs and lock up chooks
Move chook feeder so magpies can't eat out of it.
Covert over bbq area with new shading
2 loads of washing
Cashew nut cheese to start
Seeds to plant out (soaking now)
Water existing seeds and seedlings

Can't varnish table as only brush is 1". My pastry brush in kitchen is wider!

We bought a head of cabbage for me to start a small batch of sauerkraut for a German charcuterie board in the future. It actually turned out to weigh a bit more than Craig guestimated so I may divide it up and make some kimchi too, been wanting some Korean food. Need to get them started so they do their fermenting.
I set a batch going today. It's actually one if those 5 recipes I forgot to write up today!

It's in a dark cupboard. Slightly less than expected but..

Sitting at the hospital right now, while MrsTasty gets bloodwork done for her cath test Thursday.

After that, breakfast at a local diner, then heading back home. It's Monday and a work day for me, but I have a flexible schedule and I'm working from home.

When we lived in Texas for 18 months, we had no A/C in our cars (as we came from extremely upstate NY). That was a miserable time.

I didn't have it so bad, as my drive was about 15 minutes, but my wife's was closer to an hour, in stop-and-go traffic. One thing I always forget to do: a lot of people carried towels to lay over their car seats and steering wheels. Otherwise, even with sun shades in the window, the surfaces would get too hot to touch by going-home time.

I was constantly trotting out to my truck, hopping in, grabbing the steering wheel, screaming in pain, then going back inside to get some wet paper towels from the restroom to use to get my steering wheel down to an acceptable temp.

Plans for tomorrow...

Just to get through the day.
Water kefir to make
Descriptions to update
Bread to make
Sourdough to wake up
Crumpets
Oatcakes (Staffordshire ones)
Wire up about 5 recipes
Tinker with more settings on site
And then some more
Remember to walk to letterbox to collect mail
Remember to collect eggs and lock up chooks
Move chook feeder so magpies can't eat out of it.
Covert over bbq area with new shading
2 loads of washing
Cashew nut cheese to start
Seeds to plant out (soaking now)
Water existing seeds and seedlings

Can't varnish table as only brush is 1". My pastry brush in kitchen is wider!

I feel exhausted just reading this list...

Cruisy Monday here, flu is back again! Havnt had a cold in 3 years then two in a month. Watching merican murder programmes.

Russ
Russ, sorry your sick again, hope you feel better soon. Been meaning to ask you, does merican mean American?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom