Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just never thought about it or ever heard what people call us. I'm sorry, I am having a hard time seeing American spelled any other way. And here, septic tanks are dirty, filthy containers of sh*t. Is that what people think of us?:ohmy::(

No it's just a cockney slang word for yanks, what muricans were called in the Second World War.
Yanks Septic tanks
Stairs apple and pears
Mg might like to,name a few more ?

I wish I'd never mentioned it now! :)

Russ

cookieee - Cockney rhyming slang is a whole different language, really, where you take the word you want to "code," then think of a totally unrelated rhyming pair of words, then drop the word that rhymes.

rascal used a well-known one, "apples" for the word stairs:

Stairs (the word to code) becomes
Apples and pears (the unrelated rhyming phrase) becomes
Apples (dropping the rhyming part of the phrase)

Now, instead of saying, "Ron's just gone down the stairs," I can say, "Ron's just gone down the apples!" - it's delightfully confusing.

So, similarly:

Yanks becomes septic tanks becomes septics.

Sorry for the long explanation, but the first time someone tried to explain it to me, I was like 🤷🏻‍♂️!

Rhyming slang - Wikipedia

Plans for tomorrow...

Just to get through the day.
Water kefir to make
Descriptions to update
Bread to make
Sourdough to wake up
Crumpets
Oatcakes (Staffordshire ones)
Write up about 5 recipes (done a couple)
Tinker with more settings on site
And then some more
Remember to walk to letterbox to collect mail
Remember to collect eggs and lock up chooks
Move chook feeder so magpies can't eat out of it.

Covert over bbq area with new shading
2 loads of washing
Cashew nut cheese to start
Seeds to plant out (soaking now)
Water existing seeds and seedlings

Can't varnish table as only brush is 1". My pastry brush in kitchen is wider!

Tomorrow, now gets the undone list with crumpets and oatcakes at the top of the list. Along with the cashew nut cheeses...

I also did make up a batch of raw onion bread which right now is in the dehydrator smelling the house out with a wonderful cooking onion smell (only they are not cooking but dehydrating)
And I'll need to finish off the water kefir which are now in the fridge, so they don't go bang in the night. A new batch had been started... washing needs to be done tomorrow and Thursday. We have the weather for it and I need to deal with a broody bantam who would be a first time mum if I let her sit on eggs last time round. She's gone broody for the 2nd time this season already and had outdone her mother who was broody 5 times and raised 2 lots of chicks last year as it was. Ashes my 3rd broody this season already. I've only just managed to convince the last one that she wasn't going to sit on eggs for 3 weeks.

cookieee - Cockney rhyming slang is a whole different language, really, where you take the word you want to "code," then think of a totally unrelated rhyming pair of words, then drop the word that rhymes.

rascal used a well-known one, "apples" for the word stairs:

Stairs (the word to code) becomes
Apples and pears (the unrelated rhyming phrase) becomes
Apples (dropping the rhyming part of the phrase)

Now, instead of saying, "Ron's just gone down the stairs," I can say, "Ron's just gone down the apples!" - it's delightfully confusing.

So, similarly:

Yanks becomes septic tanks becomes septics.

Sorry for the long explanation, but the first time someone tried to explain it to me, I was like 🤷🏻‍♂️!

Rhyming slang - Wikipedia
That's a pretty good explanation.

I didn't get my cabbage processed yesterday. Must get it done, as well as a load of laundry today. At least dinner is already done for today, posole from the freezer. Unless of course I decide to make corn bread or fry bread instead of tortillas.

rascal recipe for Kimchi is already posted, as is small-batch sauerkraut.

Last edited:
One of favourite Rhyming slang words is 'ruby' and you still often hear it used in the UK - despite the fact that the origin is before a lot of folks time! Its foodie rhyming slang...

Bread? In the dehydrator? :scratchhead:
Yep, it's more common than you realise. The best way of thinking about it is something like those very thin pumpernickel bread sliced but made without cooking (whole concept of raw food). The entire dehydrator sheet is 9 slices of raw bread. So I've 27 sheet in total. The recipe only makes 3 sheets. I ought to almost double it really. The raw bread is like pre-made slices of very thin crackers almost. They are actually very tasty and exceptionally nice. Great add an alternative to bread because there is no wheat or grain in them. They are pumpkin, sunflower and linseed all ground up (though I throw in some whole at the end for texture), lots and lots of onions, some olive oil and tamari. that's it.

And I'm still hungry.
I have a picture of it on the dehydrator sheets... it never looks very good. But it's very tasty.

Somehow once dry I have to try to make it look better tomorrow for its photo...

My plans are to drop the car for an oil change, and make tacos tonight, and work.

I did, on the spur of the moment, get the porch decorated for Autumn. I'll post a pic later. We were picking up corn shocks and a few pumpkins from the local greenhouse, when the flower-hating wife noticed that mums were only $6.50US a pot, and she said, "Hey, those are really cheap!"

I took that as approval to go back and buy three for the front. :happy:

Yep, it's more common than you realise. The best way of thinking about it is something like those very thin pumpernickel bread sliced but made without cooking (whole concept of raw food). The entire dehydrator sheet is 9 slices of raw bread. So I've 27 sheet in total. The recipe only makes 3 sheets. I ought to almost double it really. The raw bread is like pre-made slices of very thin crackers almost. They are actually very tasty and exceptionally nice. Great add an alternative to bread because there is no wheat or grain in them. They are pumpkin, sunflower and linseed all ground up (though I throw in some whole at the end for texture), lots and lots of onions, some olive oil and tamari. that's it.

And I'm still hungry.
I have a picture of it on the dehydrator sheets... it never looks very good. But it's very tasty.

Somehow once dry I have to try to make it look better tomorrow for its photo...

View attachment 32850

So its a sort of crisp bread?

No it's just a cockney slang word for yanks, what muricans were called in the Second World War.
Yanks Septic tanks
Stairs apple and pears
Mg might like to,name a few more ?

I wish I'd never mentioned it now! :)

Russ
I understand the cockney slang, but why does Yanks have to be septic tanks, why not tanks that they used in the war lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom