Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I achieve today? This is easier than saying what I planned. :D

Assembled and photographed a dessert.
Juggled around the 'featured threads' on the forum.

That's about it...

We bought a head of cabbage for me to start a small batch of sauerkraut for a German charcuterie board in the future. It actually turned out to weigh a bit more than Craig guestimated so I may divide it up and make some kimchi too, been wanting some Korean food. Need to get them started so they do their fermenting.

Two things I'm wanting to try, I'm lucky, a friend makes sauerkraut so he gives me some for a Reuben every now and then. So I've never made it. Loved kimchi, had it at my hotel in Seoul when on business years ago. I stumbled on a recipe the other day that looked pretty simple. Can you share yours when you make it please?

Russ

Plans for tomorrow...

Just to get through the day.
Water kefir to make
Descriptions to update
Bread to make
Sourdough to wake up
Crumpets
Oatcakes (Staffordshire ones)
Wire up about 5 recipes
Tinker with more settings on site
And then some more
Remember to walk to letterbox to collect mail
Remember to collect eggs and lock up chooks
Move chook feeder so magpies can't eat out of it.
Covert over bbq area with new shading
2 loads of washing
Cashew nut cheese to start
Seeds to plant out (soaking now)
Water existing seeds and seedlings

Can't varnish table as only brush is 1". My pastry brush in kitchen is wider!

First thing I do when coming downstairs is water the seedlings. It feels like summer already.

Russ

Is that what people in New Zealand call us?

No, I do. Also a uk thing, mg might like to step in here, but Americans here are referred to also is septics. A throw over from ww11.
Yanks aka septic tanks. No disrespect meant , just the English language. I talk to lots of muricans via the web. Food, car , v8 sites . We get called kiwis, a flightless bird. I love the word kiwi.
Kapeche ?

Russ

What do we call people from New Zealand?
Definitely a kiwi.

I get called a Pom (pl is pommies) because I'm a Brit in living Australia.

It was rumoured to stand for Prisoner of His/Her Majesty but that is now widely discredited.

"Pom" does not mean "Prisoners of His Majesty" Adam Thursday, March 04, 2004, 19:40 GMT. Pommy" (or "pom" or "pommie") is a primarily Australian (and largely derisive) slang term used to indicate a recent immigrant from Great Britain, or a Brit in general.

The most commonly accepted version of the term is that it stands for pomegranate... the colour anyone from the UK terms very quickly in Australian summers if one is not careful!

"Pom" does not mean "Prisoners of His Majesty" | Antimoon Forum

Definitely a kiwi.

I get called a Pom (pl is pommies) because I'm a Brit in living Australia.

It was rumoured to stand for Prisoner of His/Her Majesty but that is now widely discredited.

The most commonly accepted version of the term is that it stands for pomegranate... the colour anyone from the UK terms very quickly in Australian summers if one is not careful!

"Pom" does not mean "Prisoners of His Majesty" | Antimoon Forum
My friend from Birmingham when I got to know him 30 years ago. I asked him, how do you know when a jet load of poms arrive in New Zealand. He didn't know. I said ,you can still hear them whining after the engines are turned of. Old joke here about poms !!!! We really love ya. I love their sense of humour, much like mine.lol

Russ

My friend from Birmingham when I got to know him 30 years ago. I asked him, how do you know when a jet load of poms arrive in New Zealand. He didn't know. I said ,you can still hear them whining after the engines are turned of. Old joke here about poms !!!! We really love ya. I love their sense of humour, much like mine.lol

Russ
to me, it is just a term of affection, nothing more.

I just never thought about it or ever heard what people call us. I'm sorry, I am having a hard time seeing American spelled any other way. And here, septic tanks are dirty, filthy containers of sh*t. Is that what people think of us?:ohmy::(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom